(GSB v1.9 CM7.0.0-RC1) Home Launcher Question

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by jaitken0308, Mar 10, 2011.

1. jaitken0308

jaitken0308 New Member

I see that this ROM comes with Launcher Pro in it. Can I uninstall this launcher and try another one (it's really slow)? Is this the only default launcher in this ROM? Before with the stock 2.1 you could swap between "Home" and "HTC Sense" and "whatever launcher you liked." Can you still swap any with this ROM?

If I can change it, which ones do you recommend?

Also, I've heard that the Eris wasn't originally built to have the "app2sd" functionality in it, that the sd card would only allow so many access attempts before crapping out. Any truth to this? I've flashed a script that moves the internal storage and frees up space, but I'd like to have the option to move them to the sd card.
  2. gambit07

gambit07 New Member

CM7 actually comes with ADW standard. I used ADW Ex and haven't had any issues with it. A couple other popular ones would be Launcher Pro, GO Launcher or Zeam. By the way this is the Droid forum, the Droid Eris forum on df is here http://www.droidforums.net/forum/htc-droid-eris/
  3. jaitken0308

jaitken0308 New Member

No, mine has Launcher Pro. I'd like ADW though. Is there any risk in uninstalling the one I have? Or in installing another one over it (unless this would have them fighting for memory)?

And sorry about blowing up the Droid forum. With this being a CM ROM, I figured this forum would be ok. And the Eris forum seems to get a lot of views per post, but not alot of replies.
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  4. pdroid

pdroid New Member

It's a CM-based ROM, but it's not CyanogenMod. A subtle but important distinction.
  5. illmatic636

illmatic636 New Member

Back to your question, yes you can uninstall Launcher Pro through titanium back up. Make sure you have ADW already installed from the market B4 you do uninstall LP.
Search tags for this page

adw ex cm7

cm7 changer launcher

how can i remove gsb cm7 from htc eris