GSB (GingerShedBread) v1.9 CM7.0.0-RC1 question

Lars1

Reaction score
ok, so i haven't asked a stupid question in a while, so here it is. i downloaded this rom, and tiny gapps, and zach's cache2cache. what is rom download mirror and do i need to download that too?

No, I believe the mirror is just an alternative download link. But make sure you flash the three things you mentioned, in that order, and don't reboot until you've flashed all three.

So...
flash ROM
flash gapps
flash cache2cache
THEN reboot

Hey there,

I flashed this ROM on the wife's phone last night. (GB on Eris Whoo Hoo!!)

I didn't see the cache2cache part in the instructions I was following.

What does it do? Do I need it? Can I install it after everything is set up?

Thanks.

OP
J

jaitken0308

Reaction score
ok, so i haven't asked a stupid question in a while, so here it is. i downloaded this rom, and tiny gapps, and zach's cache2cache. what is rom download mirror and do i need to download that too?

No, I believe the mirror is just an alternative download link. But make sure you flash the three things you mentioned, in that order, and don't reboot until you've flashed all three.

So...
flash ROM
flash gapps
flash cache2cache
THEN reboot

Hey there,

I flashed this ROM on the wife's phone last night. (GB on Eris Whoo Hoo!!)

I didn't see the cache2cache part in the instructions I was following.

What does it do? Do I need it? Can I install it after everything is set up?

Thanks.

Here's the link for the cache2cache: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=924562

From what I've read, it just moves the internal app storage to the dalvik cache. So basically, it moves it around inside the phone, giving you more space for apps internally.

As for flashing it after you've set everything up, I'm not sure. I'd think so since he released the cache2cache as a standalone script, but I'd ask around to be sure.

Anyone else know?

KevlarPL

Reaction score
i have a question about this rom also, when i flashed the rom i had launcherpro running and installed and since flashing this rom i now cant uninstall or turn it off. i can go through settings>applications>manage applications and click on it but it only gives me the option of force stopping it or clearing data and moving to sd card.
anyone know how i can unistall this because i would like to have the full experience of this rom

mamawm

Reaction score
i'm no tech wizard, so if any of you really smart guys think i'm wrong, please correct me.
but i think the reason you can't uninstall is because launcher pro is built into the rom.

mamawm

Reaction score
ok, i've got one for you. installed gsb 2.1. when i connect the phone to the computer with the usb cable and pull down the notification bar, my only option is to turn on usb storage, to copy files between computer and sd card. no option for charge only. it does charge because the little orange light is on but my computer keeps beeping at me to download the drivers for the usb storage device. all i want to do is charge, not connect. anyone have any ideas?

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
ok, i've got one for you. installed gsb 2.1. when i connect the phone to the computer with the usb cable and pull down the notification bar, my only option is to turn on usb storage, to copy files between computer and sd card. no option for charge only. it does charge because the little orange light is on but my computer keeps beeping at me to download the drivers for the usb storage device. all i want to do is charge, not connect. anyone have any ideas?

Sounds like a miss in that version of the ROM. This would be really bad for me since my work laptop tries to encrypt the sd-card if I am not in charge only.

I am still running GSB v1.9 and have zero issues with it.

mamawm

Reaction score
Guess I'm lucky, I don't often use usb to charge so its not a deal breaker. The only other issue I'm having is that the ringtknes I have set to individual contacts don't stick. They show up under the contacts but when I receive from one of them , I just get the phones regular rimgtone.

Sent from my ERIS GSBv2.1 using DroidForums App

mamawm

Reaction score
wow, could i have possibly misspelled any more words than i did in that post:wacko:

mamawm

Reaction score
ok, problems solved, ringtones not working were user errors, duh, and for the usb problem, i have it plugged into usb right now. i plugged it into a different port and while i still don't have an option to charge only, the computer isn't showing it connected and it's not beeping at me. i guess it is assuming that i just want to charge unless i select to transfer files, still don't know why it hooked up the other day.

AppleAmnesiac

Reaction score
LoneWolf, I am running KaosFroyo v 39 and thinking about upgrading to Gingerbread. You said you are running GSB 1.9 with no issues at all, so I was curious where you got the rom from that you are using. And are you using a different kernal with it? I'm still trying to figure out what kernals really do for phones and if I should just keep the mine stock. Still new at this, if you couldn't tell.

Thanks!