GSB (GingerShedBread) v1.9 CM7.0.0-RC1 question

jaitken0308

Reaction score
I thought I saw this topic somewhere, but cannot for the life of me find it again.

I've just flashed GSB (GingerShedBread) v1.9 CM7.0.0-RC1 and I've noticed that my PC doesn't recognize my Eris anymore. It will, however, still charge. Anyone know how to fix this?

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
not to jack the thread, but im wondering where to find kernels for this rom? im trying to find some kernels to help improve battery life

wolfpackdl90

Reaction score
well seeing that there isn't a significant difference between 1.8.1 and 1.9 you may want to try that version, I am currently running that version and my computer recognizes my eris, and opens up my sd card once I select turn on usb storage on the phone.

as far as kernels, I haven't found any better ones then the one that came with 1.8.1, its actually the best kernel that I have had so far, the highest I can overclock it to is 787 (performance)....if you find anyone better, i would like to know, so I can flash it to my phone....

also I am having issues with sending picture messages or uploading pictures to facebook, does anyone have any solutions to my issue?

OP
J

jaitken0308

Reaction score
Bump

Just trying to bump this one back up. Anyone got a fix for this, besides flashing another version? That may be what I ultimately do, but after getting all my apps/settings/tweaks back to the way I want them, I don't have the motivation to do it all over again today.

OP
J

jaitken0308

Reaction score
Wow

Just realized this. If you select the USB icon in the status bar, it gives you the option to select "Turn on USB Storage." I guess I was just used to 2.1 doing it automatically.

Thanks for the help though.

wolfpackdl90

Reaction score
Yea that's what I was saying in the first part of my post....

Sent from my GSBv1.8.1 ERIS using DroidForums App

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Flashed this rom yesterday. Got everything all set back up. LOVE IT!

Even Comcast's XFinity TV app (you have to get the apk off the internet because it won't show up in the market because it supposedly isn't supported in Gingerbread) runs on this ROM!

Going to change my signature......

mamawm

Reaction score
ok, so i haven't asked a stupid question in a while, so here it is. i downloaded this rom, and tiny gapps, and zach's cache2cache. what is rom download mirror and do i need to download that too?

OP
J

jaitken0308

Reaction score
ok, so i haven't asked a stupid question in a while, so here it is. i downloaded this rom, and tiny gapps, and zach's cache2cache. what is rom download mirror and do i need to download that too?

No, I believe the mirror is just an alternative download link. But make sure you flash the three things you mentioned, in that order, and don't reboot until you've flashed all three.

So...
flash ROM
flash gapps
flash cache2cache
THEN reboot

mamawm

Reaction score
ok, one small hiccup. can only get cache2cache to download 24%. is this because i'm already running xtrrom 4.6.5 and cache2cache is a part of that rom?

OP
J

jaitken0308

Reaction score
ok, one small hiccup. can only get cache2cache to download 24%. is this because i'm already running xtrrom 4.6.5 and cache2cache is a part of that rom?

Now you're above my paygrade. I have no clue.

wolfpackdl90

Reaction score
has anyone had an issue with sending multimedia messaging with either 1.8.1 or 1.9?

beamer182

Reaction score
mamawm, I feel like that wouldnt prevent the download from completing, I just think that either the source is corrupted, or the internet connection you are on, slows down on its packet retrieval from the host over the net on its own, like my computer does.

mamawm

Reaction score
thanks beamer, i tried the link from shed's post over 3g and wifi with the same results both times, so i went to zach's site and was going to try it from there, but there have been some reports of sms/mms not working on gsb because of some sort of conflict with cache2cache, i think i'll just flash gsb and gapps and go from there and see how it works out.