Gs5 lollipop alarm on silent mode

srfoot

Reaction score
Open/slide down notification bar on lock screen.
Click on top right icon to open icon page. Click on pencil icon to edit buttons. From available buttons, drag "always interrupt" button to top section; active buttons.

Now when you open the notification bar you can press on the always interrupt button which will then say; priority only and the sound button will say Sound (priority).

Now go to; apps/settings/sound and notification/Interruptions and you can choose the options that you will want to occur when pressing on the Always interrupt button. It states that "Alarms are always considered priority interruptions".

Hope this helps.

It now becomes a one button press.

newmanx4

Reaction score
When I go back to the interruptions menu I don't see anywhere I can choose what I want to happen when pressing the Always interrupt button.

srfoot

Reaction score
Hi;
In interruptions;
press on When calls and notifications;
set which you want and then set what you want in priority interruptions.

newmanx4

Reaction score
Mine is set that way and the alarm still won't sound in mute. If I change the sound mode to Mute in the Interruptions menu then When calls and notifications arrive is greyed out. Is yours different?

srfoot

Reaction score
Hi;

When you want the phone to only give you those interruptions that you have checked off (alarm is always a priority according to the note on that page), you pull down your notifications bar (not by holding your volume down button which will bring you to total mute if you go down to the final setting) and press on the always interrupt icon (which was explained in my initial instructions listed above) which will show "priority only" and the sound icon next to it will show "Sound (Priority)".

This allows the alarm and any other functions that you have given approval to.

Good luck.

newmanx4

Reaction score
Hi;

When you want the phone to only give you those interruptions that you have checked off (alarm is always a priority according to the note on that page), you pull down your notifications bar (not by holding your volume down button which will bring you to total mute if you go down to the final setting) and press on the always interrupt icon (which was explained in my initial instructions listed above) which will show "priority only" and the sound icon next to it will show "Sound (Priority)".

This allows the alarm and any other functions that you have given approval to.

Good luck.
It still silences the alarm on my phone if it's set to mute.

MattE303

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
It still silences the alarm on my phone if it's set to mute.
yup, like it or not, that seems to be the new "intended behavior" so I doubt they're going to change it. You'll have to get used to using the 'interruptions' toggle instead of changing your Sound to 'mute' if you still want alarms to work.

I was annoyed at first too, but now I actually like it better because it only takes one click to toggle into the desired mode when I go to sleep at night and wake up in the morning, where before I had to cycle thru 3 modes on the sound button: Sound/Vibrate/Mute.

srfoot

Reaction score
Hi;

I have attached images to go with my posts.

If you put the phone into mute, then all will be blocked.

If you want your priorities such as alarm or certain phone calls, use the method above with priorities.

Works well on a S5 with verizon.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-02-09-13-38-57.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-09-13-38-57.png
    122 KB · Views: 240
  • Screenshot_2015-02-09-13-39-35.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-09-13-39-35.png
    110.4 KB · Views: 252
  • Screenshot_2015-02-09-13-39-51.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-09-13-39-51.png
    141.7 KB · Views: 243
  • Screenshot_2015-02-09-13-40-00.png
    Screenshot_2015-02-09-13-40-00.png
    149.5 KB · Views: 249

czar

Reaction score
Open/slide down notification bar on lock screen.
Click on top right icon to open icon page. Click on pencil icon to edit buttons. From available buttons, drag "always interrupt" button to top section; active buttons.

Now when you open the notification bar you can press on the always interrupt button which will then say; priority only and the sound button will say Sound (priority).

Now go to; apps/settings/sound and notification/Interruptions and you can choose the options that you will want to occur when pressing on the Always interrupt button. It states that "Alarms are always considered priority interruptions".

Hope this helps.

It now becomes a one button press.
srfoot,

You are my hero. I work varied hours every week. Your step by step was fantastic. Nicely done.