Gs4 ? Anyone.

tkileh

Reaction score
So I'm gonna tale the a step away from the Motorola/droid platform of android and jump ship to the Samsung galaxy s4 . Seems more refined and more options to customize and accesoriez more so then what Motorola has been offering. I mean d1 d2 and the X was new stuff but it just seems they give as little as possible in their phones but just enough to sell. Anyone got interesting info to pull me back from doing so ?

Maxxed Out!!

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Only thing holding me back is the upgrade fiasco, which isn't Sams fault, but the next Google experience phone will be taking the cake for me I'm sure. Watching my nexus 7 get updated instantaneously without rooting/flashing a thing has spoiled me on the upgrade front, and that's something I can't ignore, especially for the price point they're targeting. Plus I'll be on KLP 5.0 out of the box which is also an attractive feature. :happy3:

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can bet the SGS4 will get key lime pie pretty damn quick.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

PowrDroid

Reaction score
So I'm gonna tale the a step away from the Motorola/droid platform of android and jump ship to the Samsung galaxy s4 . Seems more refined and more options to customize and accesoriez more so then what Motorola has been offering. I mean d1 d2 and the X was new stuff but it just seems they give as little as possible in their phones but just enough to sell. Anyone got interesting info to pull me back from doing so ?

Maxxed Out!!

It's got a lot going for it. Lots of bells and whistles to keep you entertained for months.

I just can't get over the plasticky, cheap feel, the stupid physical home button, and Touch-Wiz. Uggh!

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
You can bet the SGS4 will get key lime pie pretty damn quick.

I'll put $10,000 in an offshore account that says otherwise if you'd like to. Unless your definition of "pretty quick" is how long it took Samsung to deliver Froyo (which was 159 days in case you don't remember), or through root and flash.

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well, that would first imply that you actually have $10k :p I would anticipate "pretty quick" to be within 45 days of Froyo. Keep in mind this device is Samsung's flagship device for the year. It is their priority this year.

I'll put $10,000 in an offshore account that says otherwise if you'd like to. Unless your definition of "pretty quick" is how long it took Samsung to deliver Froyo (which was 159 days in case you don't remember), or through root and flash.

huskur

Reaction score
GS4? I was thinking of buying it but I hate the fact that it is only offered in 16GB and 6GB of it is already used up in OS and bloatware :( That is my only gripe about my Note 2. I have had it for 5 months and have 9 GB (including system files) used. I do utilize the Micro SD but only so much is allowed to be saved to SD.

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
Well, that would first imply that you actually have $10k :p I would anticipate "pretty quick" to be within 45 days of Froyo. Keep in mind this device is Samsung's flagship device for the year. It is their priority this year.

It hasn't a damn thing to do with Samsung's end, Verizon's child is Droid and Motorola, that is their first priority, and anything else is intentionally put on the back burner to boost sales for their baby. Look how long they've waited just for the preorder, and they still haven't announced the phone because they don't WANT to.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
Hate to be a Cheerios violator but.... I was Maxxed out too and got the GS3. Had it for quite awhile, ignored the chincy build quality, the non-existant signal, dropped calls, standing on one leg with my finger in the air to try and complete a call, the Nav that told me to "turn Left" on the highway or "turn right, turn right, turn right" in town....

I walked in the Verizon and said - Give ME a Motorola BACK NOW Please!!

Good Luck.

Dalvik_Cache

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
It hasn't a damn thing to do with Samsung's end, Verizon's child is Droid and Motorola, that is their first priority, and anything else is intentionally put on the back burner to boost sales for their baby. Look how long they've waited just for the preorder, and they still haven't announced the phone because they don't WANT to.

Nah, had nothing to do with that. The delay was trying to iron out one particular of the phone, and running out of time to do it. What kind of phone do you have now?

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
No way am I going to the s4. I had the s3 for a month and was miserable with the lack of signal, failed calls and texts. There isn't a huge difference between the s3 and 4 outside of a slightly larger battery and screen and the quad core processor.

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
I used my Nav yesterday (Flawless and immediate) - S3 was hit and miss, many times no lock at all and when it did, had me driving in circles.

I actually made and received calls from my Basement. - S3 had "NO signal at all and if I went upstairs it was sporadic at best.

On Day #3 (will charge tonight, Maybe) that is typical for my MaxxHD - S3 Never made it through the Day (1 day)

Couldn't GIVE me an S4. For those who "Have to have one" - Good Luck, Wish you the best (Wish being the operative word)