gs3 overclock app

randizzard

Reaction score
Ok so I'm rooted running stock 4.1.2 and previously purchased android overclock with my last droid. I was curious to hear opinions on whether or not this app was good for the gs3 or if there was something better out there. Any advice or info would be awesome. I haven't tried the ac app yet because a lot of reviews for it are saying the gs3 wasn't really a good phone for that app.

Thoughts?

OP
randizzard

randizzard

Reaction score
The last android I owned was the thunder bolt and after that terrible experience I went to iPhone. Now I've come back and I'm glad I did.

OP
randizzard

randizzard

Reaction score
Awesome I'll give it a try and see what happens, does it have low voltage? Want to try and improve battery life at the same time

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Can this be installed without wiping device?

OP
randizzard

randizzard

Reaction score
Yes it can, just installed last night and I'm using setcpu app from the app store and it runs amazingly fast. Just flash the zip from cwm recovery after you wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache.

OP
randizzard

randizzard

Reaction score
Ok so I've installed his kernel and his app, trying to figure a good low voltage high speed set up, any ideas or thoughts?

WillisD

Reaction score
Really it's up to the phone, start at -25 and work your way up to maybe if your phone can do it -75. Mine can't go that low

OP
randizzard

randizzard

Reaction score
Ok I've been trying multiple voltages and it seems to stay off ok but after a day or so I get freezes and crashes.

OP
randizzard

randizzard

Reaction score
I figured that so I left the voltage alone, set a profile for"standby" under clocked to max of 1.0ghz and -25mv. This is actually fantastic four my battery. In use profile is max 1.8, min 1.0 @ +12.5mv and is smooth. Quadrant spotted me @ 6917 on the chart. Short bench mark said 81 ms so I think I figured it out. Thanks for your help Willis