Grrrr, stupid Verizon staff!!!

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
Last month they told me that I could get an upgrade.
I told them that I was pretty sure I was not.
Oh not right now but next month, if I had to get something
right now they could do something.

So next month comes around, and I drop into the store.

I give my phone number and they say "huh?"
You got 6 more months to go.

So "why did you guys say, er, never mind"

Nope no specials.

Each visit and I get a different answer.
Is it better to pay full price and use my upgrade later?
Seems like a lot of cash, but I guess I could live with my old D1.

illegalsmile

Reaction score
put SS 5.4 on there if you haven't already. **** _______ (doesn't matter if it's verizon, att or sprint).

Does your D1 work? How much do you want to sell it for? I don't understand why you'd pay full price only to still be on your contract and then use an upgrade in 6 months?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is it better to pay full price and use my upgrade later?
Better is always subjective, regardless of topic. What's better in this case depends on what you intend to do. Any reason you're thinking of saving your upgrade?

I give my phone number and they say "huh?"
You got 6 more months to go.

So "why did you guys say, er, never mind"
Managers have discretion. That could be it. Impossible to say without knowing though. You can always check your official eligibility online. If you don't like the inconsistency of the store reps then stop relying so heavily on them. It's going to be an issue no matter what carrier you're with.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Verizon customer service sucks. Imagine my surprise when I got a $800 bill when they charged me full price for a warranty DROIDX, even after they received my old one back. Then they wanted to give me a mail in rebate. After I spent hours on the phone, I was still scammed out of $20.

sent from my ZombieStomped X

OP
JohnnytheK

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
[/quote]
Managers have discretion. That could be it. Impossible to say without knowing though. You can always check your official eligibility online. If you don't like the inconsistency of the store reps then stop relying so heavily on them. It's going to be an issue no matter what carrier you're with.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, good advice!

Due to a horrible schedule because of jury duty I couldn't get back to the store until today. I started out a bit sharp not rude but a tiny bit hot.
Then I met Stephenie (she must be an wireless angel), if she wasn't engaged I would have asked her to marry me.

Wow, very informed and very helpful. When she checked out my account it was apparent I was paying for stuff I didn't use or need. She dropped all this unnecessary stuff added another line so I was due a new phone at the subsidized rate, all for $12 a month less then I pay now. They even swapped the phone numbers, so my new phone is the master phone!

Woo hoo! Stephenie for President!