Group Text capability

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by niknak747, Mar 3, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. niknak747

niknak747 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm a a brand new motorola droid owner and I completely LOVE the phone, im just a bit aggravated because this "smartphone" wont allow me to create a group text. HELPPPPPPPPPP! :icon_eek:
  2. LtKen

LtKen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah it will. After you've entered the first contact, select the "To" box again, and add another contact. It will show you a comma separated list of who you're sending the text to.
  3. huskur

huskur Senior Member

Ratings:
    +36

It does allow for group texting....this phone is REALLY smart but you need to set up your groups using your gmail account and they will auto sync to your droid. I also recommend downloading "handcent" from the market. It's much easier to use and is very customizable. (handcent is a messaging app)
  4. huskur

huskur Senior Member

Ratings:
    +36
    No need to add them one by one like the previous poster stated above. With handcent you can also pick and choose who you send them to from your contact list just by scrolling through it and checkmarking who you want to send it to. Handcent is a godsend....(there are other messaging apps that do the same thing but i prefer Handcent)

after downloading handcent you need to go into the native (stock) app and disable notifcations so you will not be "double" notified
Search tags for this page

create contact group lg vortex

do motorola droid phones have group text capabilities

does new htc have messaging capability

droid razr created group text messaging
droid text posting outside a group text using handscent
group texting motorola droid razr m
how to set up group messages from handcent

lg vortex group messaging

motorola droid phone wont reply to group texting

set group text htc thunderbolt