Group messaging problem on X?

Discussion in 'Motorola Moto X' started by LoneWolfArcher, Jan 1, 2014.

1. LoneWolfArcher

LoneWolfArcher Senior Member

Ratings:
    +157
    So over the weekend I noticed that group messaging seems to be problematic on my Moto X.

While hunting, my hunting partners and I use group texting to communicate. One has an iPhone, one a S3 and one a S4. All on Verizon.

When I send a group text all receive it as the group. When the iPhone sends I get it as a group message. But when the S3 or S4 send it then I get only a message to me, the rest of the group is not on the message, though they got the message as a group message themselves.

Anyone else seeing this? Did some googling and group messaging on the X seems to be problematic carrier wide, though worse on some than others.

2. TatDroid

TatDroid Active Member

Ratings:
    +180
    Yes, I've noticed the exact same thing. I also have a family member with an iPhone and one with an S3 and it's exactly as you described. When the S3 sends me a group text I don't know it's been sent to a group and I can't see who the group members are.

3. LoneWolfArcher

Ratings:
    +157
    I was able to mitigate it with the Samsung users by switching my texting client to Hangouts. However, I still experience this when my mom sends a group message using her dumb phone.

Should be noted, all worked fine on my Razr, it just started happening after I bought my X.

4. djsiva

djsiva Active Member

Ratings:
    +31
    I have the same issue with my X, but did not have the problem on my S4 or Note 3.

5. TatDroid

TatDroid Active Member

Ratings:
    +180
    Has anyone tried a third party messaging app?

6. LoneWolfArcher

Ratings:
    +157
    As I said Hangouts helps, but doesn't resolve it.

ANyone with Motorola ties that can check this out?

7. nri1998

nri1998 Member

Ratings:
    +0

I noticed this yesterday but why do you think it is Moto X problem rather than S3 or S4 problem? Group messages going out of Moto X seems to be fine but anyone with S3 or S4 in the group sending messages back is causing this problem. That's what I noticed.

8. TatDroid

TatDroid Active Member

Ratings:
    +180
    As I said in an earlier post, my X does seem to handle the incoming group texts from different phones differently. But before I got my X (I had a Bionic) incoming group texts from those same phones were all handled fine - showing as a group, as they should be.

9. nri1998

nri1998 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You are right. I was arguing with my friend (who has S4) on this issue last week. I thought he was sending separate message to me even though the chatting was a group chatting. He kept saying that he was not doing anything like that. I even took his phone and checked the settings but he was right. Now this thread confirms my suspicions.

10. tbolted

tbolted Member

Ratings:
    +2
    My BiL has an X, and group messages from him come in as an attachment, but when I open it I just have a text from him to me, no sign of it being a group message at all, even though I know it is. Not sure what phone my nephew has but he can see and respond to the group text from my BiL, but I see his as just a single text to me as well. Same with my wife and her iPhone 5.

I'm using GO SMS Pro, but I see the same behavior from Hangouts and Messaging. Been meaning to ask about it on here, but wasn't sure if it was a phone thing or not. Guess so, I'll be interested to see if someone figures something out.

Search tags for this page
cant reply to group text on moto x
galaxy group messaging motorola
group message on moto x
group texting on moto x
how do you receive group messages on the moto x
moto x and group messaging

moto x group messaging

moto x send text to a group
moto x texting
why can't i reply to a group message on a moto x phone