Reaction score
OP
YellowJacket

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Here is part of the feature list from the Verizon website:

General Information

What is Verizon Messages?

Verizon Messages is an easy-to-use app for Android™ devices that provides an improved text and multimedia (i.e., picture and video) messaging experience.

With Verizon Messages, you can:

•Send and receive group messages with up to 20 friends, including those with iPhone®, Windows® Phone and BlackBerry® Smartphones

•Attach pictures, videos, locations, sounds or contacts (vCards) with your messages

•Save your texts, group messages and attachments to an SD card(Note: Following this link will open a new window with the glossary page, anchored to the definition for undefined.), and then get them back when you need them

•Browse your shared message content with a single tap to find important photos, videos, web links, locations and contact info

•Read and respond to messages on your tablet by syncing with your Smartphone over Wi-Fi or mobile hotspot

•And more

David

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Sounds cool. Let us know how well it works.

OP
YellowJacket

YellowJacket

Reaction score
Well, I've been using it since yesterday morning and to me it is still much like the stock app. Still have not figured out group messaging on it other than to individually pick the recipients.

As others have stated in the app store ratings, I too am not able to get all of my contact pictures to display. The ones I have used individual photos for sync over fine but the ones that use the FB picture do not. I suspect this is an issue with FB since many seem to be having the same problem with the stock app as well and I seem to remember reading something about it in the past that it started with a FB update sometime last year and has continued since then. Seems to be a "privacy" issue with FB.

On the plus side, I like that I can back up my messages to the SD card... not that I have to do that often, but its a nice feature without having to use another app to do it.

I also installed it on my Xoom tablet last night and it was cool being able to respond to texts while my phone was in another room on its charger.

I also like the popup screen with the messages but that was more or less available through the circles widget hack.

More to come....

David