1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Grooveshark?

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by iSecks, Dec 4, 2009.

1. iSecks

iSecks New Member

Hey, I know Grooveshark made an app for ADC2, is there any way to get it on my Droid?
  2. m3kilpat

m3kilpat Member

No. Grooveshark uses flash which is currently unsupported, but will be coming sometime in 2010.
  3. iSecks

iSecks New Member

I don't think you understood my post. Grooveshark already made an app and submitted it to the Android Developer Challenge 2. It won under media for the first round [see here.] I'm not sure if there's a way to get it on a Moto Droid yet though.
  4. searayman

searayman New Member

if somebody some how has the installer and shares it with us all then yes....but we got to find that somebody...
  5. PowerPlayGraphix

PowerPlayGraphix New Member

It's still in Beta. It wasn't released out into the wild, only to select grooveshark users. They are working on finalizing it for release but it's not out yet.

Access Grooveshark on my mobile phone
  6. wanderr

wanderr New Member

It's coming

Hey guys,

Funny enough, I'm a Grooveshark developer who checks these forums for info about my droid. ;)

I'll give you guys the inside scoop. We're about to open the android app up to our VIP users for beta testing, however there are still some critical bugs making it pretty unstable on the droid, so I don't recommend installing it yet. Given that a good portion of the office has already upgraded to droid because it's friggin' awesome, proper support should be coming pretty quickly. ;)

When it's ready for Droid, I'll post an update here. Keep in mind that it will be VIP-only, though.

(note: I don't actually write code for the mobile platforms, I work on the backend for the website)
  7. DoTheDrew

DoTheDrew New Member

^^ wow thats awesome! i've been waiting a long time to have a grooveshark application. by far the best streaming radio station out right now.
  8. zegwin

zegwin New Member

how much is VIP again? 3 bucks... might just have to do that.... well see...
  9. wanderr

wanderr New Member

Yup, $3/month or $30/year. Word is that when the mobile apps are fully baked there will be two tiers of VIP though, with mobile being more expensive (due to deals with labels). I don't know what the cost will be though.
  10. searayman

searayman New Member

any word on if grooveshark app on android will support song caching?
  11. wanderr

wanderr New Member

It does. It's still kinda buggy at the moment though (I'll be doing more testing with that later tonight, actually!). Users can set how much space they want to give to the song cache, and some caching is automatic I think, but you can also tell it to cache individual songs or entire playlists.
  12. wanderr

wanderr New Member

Hey guys, the Grooveshark app is now available through the Android market or by going to Grooveshark Mobile Music
    Note that you have to be a VIP user for this to work.
    I'll warn you now that it's still buggy on Android 2.0, about half the songs fail to play for me even though they work fine on 1.5 and 1.6 devices. :p
    Anyway you should be automatically alerted when updates come out and hopefully we'll have some fixes for that in the next few days...
  13. iSecks

iSecks New Member

Hmm. If I actually would use VIP I'd get this app. But I don't think I'm going to pay for VIP just to use this app. I think it should really be opened to non-VIP users.
  14. wanderr

wanderr New Member

Yeah I'm hoping that eventually we'll be able to release a free version, but we need to figure out if we'll be able to make enough money from mobile ads to support that. Even so, VIP users always get to try out new stuff first, so this first release would still be VIP only for now. :p
  15. searayman

searayman New Member

You weren't kidding about thos bugs in android 2.0 I can't get anything to play. Please keep us updated as the bugs are ironed out.
  16. wanderr

wanderr New Member

Ha, that's definitely worse than it is for me, where only half of them fail. :p I'll keep you posted. You can also email androidsupport@grooveshark.com for support. Obviously they know that there are playback issues on 2.0, but it's possible that the more people complain the faster it'll be fixed. ;)
  17. rdahms81

rdahms81 New Member

Hey Wanderr,

can you explain how the cache works for grooveshark mobile. I have no idea how much cache I need. Is 1 gb enough or should I set it to a higher number? What are the advantages/disadvantages to having a higher/lower cache level? What happens if/when I clear the cache? I believe cache has something to do with remembering the song, therefore, making it easier to load and play. Can you explain cache to this computer simpleton. Thanks in advance
  18. searayman

searayman New Member

cache allows you to download music to the phone so you dont have to stream so you can listen to it on a subway etc
  19. wanderr

wanderr New Member

I'm not too familiar with exactly how this platform works, but I think we have two types of caching: explicit, where you can tell it that you want to make sure certain files are available and play quickly even if your connection isn't so good, and automatic where based on some criteria (I'm not sure what that criteria is at the moment, sorry!), it will decide that you're likely to listen to a certain song again, so after you play it for the first time it keeps it cached. I think the default limit of 1GB is pretty large, so I wouldn't bother increasing it unless you run out of room for all of your explicit caching requests. :)
  20. homemadehitshow

homemadehitshow New Member

Can you explain Grooveshark ? I'm pretty familiar with LaLa, Rhapsody, Spotify, just not quite understanding GrooveShark.
Search tags for this page
.dat grooveshark
convert dat to mp3 grooveshark
convert groove shark offline dat file
convert grooveshark .dat

convert grooveshark .dat to mp3

dat to mp3 android
groovehark

grooveshark android hack

grooveshark apk crack
grooveshark apk cracked
grooveshark crack for android