Greetings!

AshG

Reaction score
Hi. My name is Ash, and I'm a gadget-holic.

After getting my first smartphone 5 years ago (The BB 7130e, on release day) and holding loyal to the Blackberry platform, I've made the decision to take the jump to the Android platform. My Droid X should be here by the end of next week.

I don't take swapping loyalty lightly. As a teacher, the Android marketplace has multiple tools that make my itinerant schedule much easier to deal with; no more having to lug a lesson planner, grade book, tuner, and metronome between multiple schools! I couldn't get anything but the grade book on the BB platform, and it was rudimentary at best. The previews of BB OS6 were extremely underwhelming and look to offer none of the rapid evolution I'm seeing in the Android platform.

I'm a former hardware review editor for a couple now-closed websites (the kibosh was put on that by grad school and a new child). I'll try to do some short write-ups here when I come across accessories that I haven't seen posted about.

Thanks for the opportunity to introduce myself. I look forward to learning from you all as I make the transition from one platform to another.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Welcome to the forums Ash....

Enjoy your new X when it arrives. See you around the forums