Greetings

Alfador

Reaction score
I'm just getting ready to buy a droid. Been in the market for a smartphone and I figure I may as well go for the best.

I'll probably wind up asking these separately if they don't get answers here, but I'll see what I get. I searched and found a lot of "how to" answers but I'm kindof looking for some opinions on a couple things.

Def. need a case, so I'm wondering if there is one of the ones verizon offers (or a good one sold somewhere else) that people tend to find better, keeping in mind I get a 25% discount on any accessories sold through verizon if I buy them with the phone through my employer's discount program.

I've also wondered how different the visual voicemail is from google voice's visual voicemail. I've use the google voice version for a while and I'm wondering if there is any legitimately good reason to shell out the extra 3 bucks a month for a service I can get by forwarding to my phone as the thread in the FAQ section shows. I'm also wondering if it's a service I can add or drop later without having to extend my contract if anyone knows. The Verizon rep I spoke to was abnormally vague. She was nice but had an Eastern European accent so I think there was a language barrier preventing clarity there.

Anyway, thanks in advance for anyone's responses. Once I have the phone I'm hoping to contribute here regularly.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. Personally to me the $3 isn't worth it if you got google voice. I wont even spend the buck on callback tones lol.