Greetings!

ozo012

Reaction score
Hello all,
Been a lurker on this forum for a few weeks and decided to introduce myself. My name is Chris and I'm the owner of a soon-to-be year old Droid Pro (rooted, stock Gingerbread) and I've been looking to gain some additional knowledge. I must say I truly enjoy the Droid platform. Being able to have a real file system in this day and age can't be overstated enough (cough iOS). I've been looking into some custom ROMS for the Pro but they're pretty hard to come by but I wanted to give a shoutout to JackpotClavin and 13th angel for their work on CM7 and Apex respectively for the Pro. I'm going to be testing out both of these on my Pro now that I feel comfortable with the flashing ROM process.

Thanks!
Chris

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome! Congrats on the DPro - it is great to have ya with vs just lurking ;)...

OP
O

ozo012

Reaction score
Thanks guys! How do you like the newer Motorola phones/software? I bought the phone when it was out for a month for the OS and form-factor (have never been a fan of touchscreens). I've found that 2.3.3 on the Pro is very very buggy and battery life is considerably worse than Froyo (about as bad as my friend's stock Thunderbolt which has 4G...) I do think that the integration between Gingerblur or whatever you want to call it is better than it was on Froyo.

I just wish I didn't have to flash a custom ROM to get some decent performance / battery life out of it. For example, on my ~1 hour bus ride into NYC this morning, with the screen on for about 30 minutes of it I streaming a few songs on Google Music (probably 4-5) that weren't cached, browsing the internet briefly and a few text messages which drained the battery from 100% to 50% in the 2 hours it was off the charger. I'm baffled a HVGA (320x480 pixels) screen could still use 47% of my battery in that time.

Anyhow, I still really like the form factor of the phone, I just wish the software was at least somewhat more up to par on it.

Chris

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums Chris!!