Greetings...

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by fireftrjef, May 18, 2011.

1. fireftrjef

fireftrjef New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am a new Droid user and I bought the Charge on Saturday w/ VZW.

My first day using it without recharging I got 12hrs and 52mins out of it. I could have gone longer but I needed to plug it in so I could use the Mobile Broadband. User manual, and store salesman advises to plug it in when you use the mobile hotspot option.

The screen unlock thing is new to me. Not sure I like this. Maybe there is a way to disable it...

For some reason which I haven't figured out why, on some days, it will not play videos...such as Youtube or CNN news app video sometimes. If I restart it though it plays them fine. Somewhere during the day though, it just decides not to play video anymore, (software glitch?) and I end up restarting it if I want to look at video.

These are a few things I have noticed so far. I like the phone and I am pleased with it. I mean...I went from a prehistoric BB Curve to this.

2. turdbogls

turdbogls Active Member

Ratings:
    +4
    i think the only reason they tell you to plug it in is because the moble hotspot is beacuse it uses a lot of juice...not necessary to do, but if you have a cable handy, might as well

the lock screen can be disabled. there is an app called nolock in the market. i have never used it, so not sure if it works well or not. but that should get rid of it for you.

that is an odd issue. sounds like a data connection issue. i would do *228 and update roaming and see if that helps. its a new phone so i would have thought this already would have been done but maybe not. if it keeps it up, i would talk to VZW and they may replace it with a new one.

3. yakitori

yakitori Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +10
    *228 doesn't work on phones with 4G LTE card

ridin the lightning

4. fireftrjef

fireftrjef New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Correct. I tried *228 and got a pop up message that said this is automatically done thru SIM card. I am monitoring what apps i use so that i can rule out an app conflict as well.
    It's playing video fine today so far.

5. SupraRZ95

SupraRZ95 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My 3g works great but sometimes it can be difficult to stream even with full 3g bars. It's the network.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

6. fireftrjef

fireftrjef New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Figured it may be network related. Forgot to mention the audio comes through, but it won't be showing the video.

7. Droid101

Droid101 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    That sounds more like the network than your phone. Just wait for 4G and you wont have to worry about that anymore :)

8. fireftrjef

fireftrjef New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I get 4g but my house has certain areas in it where signal tends to break up or drop off. Maybe i should pay attention to that lol.

9. Droid101

Droid101 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yeah Id check that. If it does happen when you have good 4G coverage (3-4 bars) then come back and let us know. :)

10. fireftrjef

fireftrjef New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Happened just now. 4g with 3 bars on signal. Video plays audio but no picture.

11. fireftrjef

fireftrjef New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Still a system issue with VZW I guess. It didn't play YouTube video but was ok with AJE streaming video. Oh well..

Search tags for this page

samsung charge won't play media sound