Greetings from a Droid virgin

phalstead

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Name's Paul. Got a Motorola Droid from VZW last night and decided I'd hop on here and see what I can do with and to this thing. Came from a Blackberry Storm, so this still just feels like a lateral move for me. Any input on specific things I should do first would be greatly appreciated. In the meantime, I'll be scouring the forums. :icon_ banana:

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Droid Forums Paul. Former Blackberry Storm user myself, both 1 and 2. Best decision I could have made going to the Droid, and I'm sure you're discovering that yourself on your own.

BTW there is a group of former Storm users in the Community section. You may want to consider joining it.

OP
phalstead

phalstead

Reaction score
Thanks. I'm still kind of on the fence about it, but I'm warming up to it. Joined the ex-Blackberry group. Now I think I'll do some investigation on rooting this thing. :icon_ devil:

rusray

Reaction score
Welcome! I'm a former Storm user as well, and I promise you, it's not a lateral move. haha.

The customization options are much better on the Droid, and has been an all around better experience for me! I hope you enjoy it as well.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! I came from the Voyager myself, but originally I planned to get a Blackberry. I was studying the Storm 2, and then I started hearing about the Droid. And well, the rest is history.

Good group here. Lots of information and things to learn.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm still kind of on the fence about it, but I'm warming up to it. Joined the ex-Blackberry group. Now I think I'll do some investigation on rooting this thing. :icon_ devil:

There is a huge learning curve and one thing I have to tell you is forget everything you ever learned about blackberry. It doesn't apply here, i.e. worrying about app memory, daily battery pulls. Still, I'll be the first to admit that a few people didn't find it to be their cup of tea and went back to the Storm. I'll never understand why, but to each his own.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
ex blackberry guy myself.. smart move coming to the android system. welcome!

rusray

Reaction score

There is a huge learning curve and one thing I have to tell you is forget everything you ever learned about blackberry. It doesn't apply here, i.e. worrying about app memory, daily battery pulls. Still, I'll be the first to admit that a few people didn't find it to be their cup of tea and went back to the Storm. I'll never understand why, but to each his own.

and right off the cuff one of my absolute favorite things about the android system so far is the two things you just mentioned: no worrying about app memory or daily battery pulls.