1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Greetings from a Droid virgin

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by phalstead, Feb 20, 2010.

1. phalstead

phalstead New Member

Hey everyone,

Name's Paul. Got a Motorola Droid from VZW last night and decided I'd hop on here and see what I can do with and to this thing. Came from a Blackberry Storm, so this still just feels like a lateral move for me. Any input on specific things I should do first would be greatly appreciated. In the meantime, I'll be scouring the forums. :icon_ banana:
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

:welcome: to the Droid Forums Paul. Former Blackberry Storm user myself, both 1 and 2. Best decision I could have made going to the Droid, and I'm sure you're discovering that yourself on your own.

BTW there is a group of former Storm users in the Community section. You may want to consider joining it.
  3. phalstead

phalstead New Member

Thanks. I'm still kind of on the fence about it, but I'm warming up to it. Joined the ex-Blackberry group. Now I think I'll do some investigation on rooting this thing. :icon_ devil:
  4. rusray

rusray New Member

Welcome! I'm a former Storm user as well, and I promise you, it's not a lateral move. haha.

The customization options are much better on the Droid, and has been an all around better experience for me! I hope you enjoy it as well.
  5. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

Welcome! I came from the Voyager myself, but originally I planned to get a Blackberry. I was studying the Storm 2, and then I started hearing about the Droid. And well, the rest is history.

Good group here. Lots of information and things to learn.
  6. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

There is a huge learning curve and one thing I have to tell you is forget everything you ever learned about blackberry. It doesn't apply here, i.e. worrying about app memory, daily battery pulls. Still, I'll be the first to admit that a few people didn't find it to be their cup of tea and went back to the Storm. I'll never understand why, but to each his own.
  7. Sam

Sam Premium Member Premium Member

ex blackberry guy myself.. smart move coming to the android system. welcome!
  8. rusray

rusray New Member

and right off the cuff one of my absolute favorite things about the android system so far is the two things you just mentioned: no worrying about app memory or daily battery pulls.