Greetings Fellow DroidVerts!

oldduder

Reaction score
Just got my Droid last week, and so far I am thoroughly impressed! I'm fairly certain I'll be able to sell my Garmin GPS, my Ipod Touch, and of course my old Palm Centro now and the droid will basically pay for itself.

I came here with a specific question in mind, which I will be posting to the general forums shortly and link back to this post...but if anyone can provide any guidance here it would be much appreciated!

I heard that there is an app which would allow the droid to pull its power from a cradle or USB charger, *without* charging the battery. Has any one ever heard of such an app? I've looked at PowerManager and another (can't remember name) but haven't seen such a feature.

Thanks!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Welcome....

Why would you want that? the battery cannot overcharge.

JimMariner

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64G
:icon_ banana: Welcome "oldduder" to DroidForims :icon_ banana:

It's great to hear that you love your DROID as much as we love ours!!
It's great to have you join us here too !!!!

As for me, I will not get rid of my Dedicated GPS anytime soon. As great as Googe Nav is on the Droid, It is not a standalone product in my eyes yet. It's great around town. Great in any major area. But be aware, when off the beaten path, there could be issues if you leave the 3G areas. Google Nav relies on Downloading the Maps you need as you go. It may cache a certain amount of them too. But, If you stray far enough outside of 3G coverage, You will loose your maps. So Hold onto your GPS unit till you figure if the DROID Does for you.

Aside from that, I think you are going to enjoy the DROID. It is a fantastic piece of tech. And it even works as a phone !! And so much more !!!

We are happy you found DroidForums, And Very Happy You Chose to Join us Too!!!!! It's Great to have you Here !!!!

OP
O

oldduder

Reaction score
Thanks for the info Jim - i had not considered that Google Nav relies on 3G...may have to re-think that one :)

@backnblack: it's not overcharging that i'm worried about - it's maximizing the life of the batter. If the battery stays on full charge all day, it never 'learns' how low it can actually go before shutting off. So after a while it will die immediately or soon after being removed from the cradle or usb charger.

Thanks all!