Greetings, Earthlings...

Sunset_Point

Reaction score
My guy and I both took the plunge and got Verizon Motorola Droids a few days ago. He's coming from a Blackberry and I'm coming from the cell phone dark ages, an LG VX8300 (what a great "workhorse" of a phone it was during its lifetime... survived drops in its head more times than I care to admit). I've been working with computers for over 25 years, but am new to the smartphone arena, never having embraced any kind of PDA or handheld previously. Hope to learn as much as possible before asking "stupid questions" that I can answer on my own... I try to be self-sufficient. Probably not going to root my phone or do anything that would be considered hacking... I got over the "computer hobbyist" bug quite a while back. I just want my computer (and my phone) to do what I need, quickly and reliably.

My first project will be to learn how to make the most of the Google Maps navigation app. I've been a VZNavigator user for years and already miss "Veronica" (my name for the navigation wench, at least when I'm not mad at her... she's been called many other things when she's sent me to the wrong place). I'm used to being able to bring up my favorite destinations or press Home for quick directions back from wherever I've ended up, and right now everything seems much harder to me in the Google app. Hopefully, it's just my lack of experience.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide when I do ask questions. I'll try to add my own expertise when I actually acquire some. ;)

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome and congrats on the purchase!

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
:welcome: sunset!! to you and your guy! We're very happy to have you both join us:D if you can't find answers feel free to send me a private message anytime and i'll try real hard to find the answer for you :D

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
My guy and I both took the plunge and got Verizon Motorola Droids a few days ago. He's coming from a Blackberry and I'm coming from the cell phone dark ages, an LG VX8300 (what a great "workhorse" of a phone it was during its lifetime... survived drops in its head more times than I care to admit). I've been working with computers for over 25 years, but am new to the smartphone arena, never having embraced any kind of PDA or handheld previously. Hope to learn as much as possible before asking "stupid questions" that I can answer on my own... I try to be self-sufficient. Probably not going to root my phone or do anything that would be considered hacking... I got over the "computer hobbyist" bug quite a while back. I just want my computer (and my phone) to do what I need, quickly and reliably.

My first project will be to learn how to make the most of the Google Maps navigation app. I've been a VZNavigator user for years and already miss "Veronica" (my name for the navigation wench, at least when I'm not mad at her... she's been called many other things when she's sent me to the wrong place). I'm used to being able to bring up my favorite destinations or press Home for quick directions back from wherever I've ended up, and right now everything seems much harder to me in the Google app. Hopefully, it's just my lack of experience.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide when I do ask questions. I'll try to add my own expertise when I actually acquire some. ;)

Welcome, Sunset_Point! We're so happy you and your guy have decided to join us! So make yourself at home, and jump right in! You'll find that everyone on this forum is very friendly and here to help and learn! Reading the threads will teach you more than you could ever imagine, and if you get stuck, just post a question - someone will be along to help you out! Hope you both enjoy your time here with us!

:welcome:

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to both of you! You have joined the best site for learning and sharing information on the Droid.

I'll be anxious to know who masters the device first!

Mike

li2327

Reaction score
Congrats and welcome. You're going to love your Droid. You also joined a great site.