Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I hear that.

Throwing in a frame limiter would be nice -- there is no need for Robo Defense to run at 100FPS. :D

Once you get the thing going and stable then you can worry about multi-threading and everything else because the multi-cores are still months away from being in full production.

OP
zander_evans

zander_evans

Reaction score
yeah, I have all the development tools i should need for now, doing concept art :p I don't want to rip off on Starfox so kinda coming up with my own ideas, heck, maybe i should make it more of a 'paper plain' look XD

yeah i'd just put a drop down from like 10-30 :p

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
o_O

You guys say things and then I feel dumb

Anyway greetings and good luck

tappin and a talkin

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Don't feel dumb, Spaz! I'm sure you know things that I would die to know. :D

One last question, Zander -- when you say both companies, which ones are you talking about? :)

OP
zander_evans

zander_evans

Reaction score
I meant Apple (for iPad) and honestly, Samsung, Motorola, we're the two I had in mind for the droid tablets, but i was being pretty inclusive for the tablets :p Yet to see one with a good response time for the on-screen keyboard and just simple menuing. as for the iPad (ie: big iTouch), No USB 2.0, so no backing up to 'portable' external drives, anything you download via iTunes you can not transfer or redownload on your PC (apps and such) the list goes on for it.

edit:
by response time, i mean on some it's a clear half of a second to a full second delay for just typing or pulling up menus. They need to optimize the OS's for the tablets so they run cleaner. It just felt more like they were rushing to get them out and just put a stock 2.1-2.2 on them :-/ and for a price of around 500-700 (depending) they are nowhere near cheap.

I won't even mention the windows mobile phones.... *shakes head*

Last edited: