Green Tint?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Yes compared to my Bionic this phone is very Vibrant in colour especially toward Green. This screen is similar to HDMI out on my Bionic. Since I have 2 droid Razr Maxxes, both have similar feature so this not a defect (maybe) and just the product itself. The speaker does crackle to both phones as both are very treblish. The solution I have is changing its media effect. i wonder if Verizon don't really give its customers new phone. I hate to have phone shipped to home now. I don't have trust in this company at all and this be the end of upgrading new phones to me. How can a new phone not sealed and had handprints on them??? Change phone if you hate its screen color, and sadly someone else will receive your phone as "brand new".

P.S: My only suggestion is to let your eyes adjust to this new phone, kinda like 3DTV. I thought my Bionic screen was colorful when I had it before upgraded it to razr. After I switch to razr maxx, my Bionic looks so fade out. The weird thing is my eyes still favored the fade out color and brighter screen as I had it for 6 months.

You raise some very good points. It's interesting to compare the eyes adjusting to the display on your RAZR to how the eyes adjust to Fluorescent light. Have you ever seen a photo taken in Fluorescent light and how it looks GREEN if the camera wasn't set to the Fluorescent Light profile? Well, your eyes don't see the color shift in the light while you are standing in the room because they compensate for it automatically. It's a combination of your eyes and your brain working together. However the camera's sensor can't compensate for the light wavelength shift, so unless you tell the camera to compensate for the shift to GREEN, the picture will show having a definite shift to GREEN.

So after while looking at your phone's display, your eyes and brain will make the adjustment and you'll start seeing white instead of greenish white.

As for used and returned phones being shipped out as "brand new", I don't think that either Verizon or Motorola would want to get caught doing something that stupid. The repercussions would be terribly damaging to both companies' reputations and financial well-being. They will ship "Certified Like New" phones out, which are factory refurbished phones that were returned by others in the past, but if a phone comes in the full Motorola Droid RAZR Grey package, it is most definitely a Brand New - Never Used phone. If the phone comes in a plain box with a folded cardboard insert and the phone is slipped inside a plastic pocket on that card, then it is most definitely NOT a "brand new" phone, and it will clearly say in the packaging "Certified Like New".

monkey_man

Reaction score
stupid..yes, bold moves...yes, damaging finances and image brand... sure... does this practice still do able yes.... always need first time for everything right? Never blocked out possibilities of fishy business models especially in a supposedly "slow and tough" today's economy. There are many other things happened such as housing market, stock fraud, auto-mobile industry that don't listen to its customers in years (but it start somewhere), and now Apple labor controversy. It needs go big before it goes Kaboom! I really hope am wrong... Honesty and holding a high work ethics Rock! :icon_ lala: