Green flashing light

parkschr

Reaction score
Is there a way to turn off the flashing green light in the top left hand corner of the phone when you receive an email?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Goto your email app, settings, notifications, and uncheck it. Unless you mean without reading the email, if so, then just scroll down the notification bar and hit clear.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I'm not totally sure. There are apps like light flow in the play store. It may be able to do this for you.

Otherwise Id think you need to root to keep the notification, but lose the led...

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
parkschr

parkschr

Reaction score
I would like to keep the notification icon, but get rid of the light. I could do this with my droid incredible.

I wake up in the middle of the night with a bright flashing light.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I would like to keep the notification icon, but get rid of the light. I could do this with my droid incredible.

Under the notifcations settings under your email app, depending on what you are using for email, there should be an option to disable the light. You should also be able to do it under general settings/notifications.

OP
parkschr

parkschr

Reaction score
Under the notifcations settings under your email app, depending on what you are using for email, there should be an option to disable the light. You should also be able to do it under general settings/notifications.

I am using gmail. I thought the same thing with the light, but I can find that option in this phone.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Try going to settings. accounts, gmail, settings, notifications. I'm on a Bionic so am only going by what I know works with that..but has to be a way.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Try going to settings. accounts, gmail, settings, notifications. I'm on a Bionic so am only going by what I know works with that..but has to be a way.

The razr doesn't have that option, I wish it did lol. Under Google in accounts, we have the option of what to sync to the account and to sync now

OP
parkschr

parkschr

Reaction score

That is the way I do it on my old incredible. But there is no option for the led light. I can only turn off the notification which would cause me to lose the icon I want to see.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I'm sorry, I checked everywhere and I can't find a way to shut it off. I am sure there is an app that will do it but never needed one. I'm sure a MAXX user will be able to help ya out. :)

OP
parkschr

parkschr

Reaction score
The razr doesn't have that option, I wish it did lol. Under Google in accounts, we have the option of what to sync to the account and to sync now

Shoot! :mad:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Its odd to me, just how similar the bionic and razr/maxx are, yet little differences make situations like this one, so irksome lol.