Green Flashing light does not work!

schamsy

Reaction score
My green flashing light does not work when I recieve SMS, it did the other day. Does anyone have any ideas?

OP
S

schamsy

Reaction score
i use the messaging app that is green and has a smiley face, the one that came with the phone

OP
S

schamsy

Reaction score
yes that is turned on... thisis killing me could my light have burnt out?

DroidFan

Reaction score
Is this just for a particular contact? Or all incoming SMS?
If it's just for one specifically, then have you checked your settings for this contact? You might have switched the LED light off in the settings for this contact.
If it's for all SMS, then I'd first check the settings and see if something got switched off.
If it's not the settings, try rebooting the phone on the physical keyboard using shift+alt+delete and see if that resets it.

OP
S

schamsy

Reaction score
it doesnt work for anyone that text me... if i reboot will i lose anything?

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Okay I am going to have to differ to one of the more knowledgeable people on this forum. I use handcent for my texts and havent used the stock app since I got the DROID back in Nov. I looked and I don't remember how to get to the green indicator light in the stock app. Sorry.

DroidFan

Reaction score
it doesnt work for anyone that text me... if i reboot will i lose anything?

No you won't lose anything rebooting the phone.

I haven't had any problems with lights (custom colored or otherwise) since getting my Droid and using Handcent

OP
S

schamsy

Reaction score
I dont have handscent, in fact i dont even know what that is... this is so messed up... its frustrating... will shift control delete work still?

OP
S

schamsy

Reaction score
still nothing... hit shift alt delete phone shut off and turned on recieved text and i get nothing

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
reboot.

i don't recall ever seeing the green light for anything other than gmail/e-mail. then again i didn't stick to the stock messaging app.

a 3rd party app for messaging, such as Handcent, is better than the stock one.

dro

Reaction score
As far as I know you can not shut it off with the stock app. It could be a software problem, but a reboot would likely have fixed this. Have you explored the option that perhaps the light has stopped working all together? Do you get the red light when your battery is going to die? If it does not work at all just trade it in for a new one, that would be a manufacturing defect.