Green 3D artifact when switching screens

pedromartinez

Reaction score
Does anyone have a green artifact pop up when switching screens? Mine does this and I have to restart the phone to get it to go away.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
P

pedromartinez

Reaction score
And also when it does this the frame rate slows down to snail's pace. So switching screens are really choppy. Seems like graphics driver bug.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
have you tried a factory data reset?? if it persists after that it could(slight chance) be an app issue or widgets on your screen. Do you have alot of widgets?

OP
P

pedromartinez

Reaction score
have you tried a factory data reset?? if it persists after that it could(slight chance) be an app issue or widgets on your screen. Do you have alot of widgets?

Good points. I use LauncherPro and I only have a MotoBlur calendar, wifi toggle and google search widget. it could be any of those. It happens alot during that animation when you switch from portrait to landscape mode.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Since you're using LauncherPro, have you tried it with just the stock launcher to see if it might be a LP issue?

I'm using the stock launcher and have those same widgets on different screens though is why I ask.

bighead82a

Reaction score
I have noticed my phone do that a few times as well, but has not happens to me for several days. I do not use a custom launcher or anything like that. I thought it had to do with the "beautiful widget" app as when i took off and reloaded it it seemed to have fixed the issue.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have noticed this as well and I am running stock launcher. But I only notice it after I experience a crash with the camera.

Has anyone else had this? Seems seldom but it happens from time to time where I will click on the camera shortcut and it will just hang....then I hit the home key after a minute or so and it will go to the home screen preview thing. From there I can back out and all works normal but I get the green artifact.

BTW....a reboot fixes it. Might try a factory reset soon.

Boat

Reaction score
I have noticed this as well and I am running stock launcher. But I only notice it after I experience a crash with the camera.

Has anyone else had this? Seems seldom but it happens from time to time where I will click on the camera shortcut and it will just hang....then I hit the home key after a minute or so and it will go to the home screen preview thing. From there I can back out and all works normal but I get the green artifact.

BTW....a reboot fixes it. Might try a factory reset soon.
Mine just started doing it about an hour ago. Don't know if it's a coincidence that my daughter has been playing with the phone or that I'm running the battery down to 0 and this is some sort of "heads up?"