Great time to be an Android fan.....

Discussion in 'Android Smart Phones' started by nerdslogic, May 7, 2011.

1. nerdslogic

nerdslogic Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Well Android is definetly on it's way to the top...with recent information indicating leading in the app market, taking over in device sales, and so on it just seems like a great time to be an Android.

Check this out. It was announced yesterday.

Android Continues to grow rapidly as Iphone holds second and RIM becoming a distant third

Quote taken from this thread....

"Android’s growth has been pretty remarkable thus far and it shows no signs of slowing down, with a slew of more powerful phones still on the horizon. iOS currently remains the only viable competition , as RIM continues its fast descent into obscurity and Microsoft and Palm struggle for third. With numbers like that, and great new devices being announced with increasing frequency, it’s a great time to be an Android fan."

Here's a break down of the OS competition as well between Android, iOS, and RIM

Clash of the Titans....battle of Operating Systems

This was at the end of Q4....I wonder what it looks like now.

Last edited: May 7, 2011
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Well, the Market will continue to improve but I've said this before and I'll say it again, unless people who use Android phones don't become willing to shell out some money to purchase apps, it will always be behind the App Store. Having said that however, I've seen some great apps in the App Store, then looked in the Market and found them there as well. SoundHound, which I believe is one of the most fantastic apps I've ever seen was a give away at the Amazon App Store a few weeks a go.

Still my overall sense is that Android people are tight when it comes to purchasing apps. If it's over 5 bucks, then that's usually too much.

3. nerdslogic

nerdslogic Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I totally agree. I talk to my self proclaimed "loyal Android supporter" buddies and when we get to the topic of paid apps we find ourselves quite on opposite sides of the table. Most have spent less than $20 total on apps....then you see mine

View attachment 32596

So yeah.....I think I am doing my part. And this doesn't include donations to dev's and so on.