Great Rom Liquid Team! Just need a little input...

Discussion in 'Liquid' started by BSchnur6, Mar 1, 2011.

1. BSchnur6

BSchnur6 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Everyone,

I'm a new poster as you can see but have been monitoring this site for a pretty long time. Not much for conversation I guess! :) Anyways, just wanted to throw out mega props to the Liquid team for a well built rom. I've always found out through testing other roms that there was that some thing that I didn't like but with Liquid everything seems to be on point. The biggest complaint I've had with other roms was redraws and force-closes etc. Not with Liquid, so I want to say thank you and a donation will be coming your way!

As a long time rooted user, I'm still fairly new to the technical aspect of things ie) frameworks, kernels, and all that jazz. One thing I did notice, last night while I was at school, I was outside (it was pretty cold) and noticed my battery drop from 80 to 50 while using the scientific calculator app. I'm currently on Liquid 1.31, running Raidzero 800 mhz kernel set at 600 mhz and didn't know why such a thing would of happened. What kernels would everyone recommend? I have tried alot of them but don't really know what I'm looking for, but do know some kernels make my phone extremely hot and want to steer clear from that. I also had the governor set on coservative at the time, but switched it over to interactive when I got home to see if that would make any bit of difference. Being non-technical in this aspect of the whole rooting thing, just wanted to see if ya'll had any input to why this may have happened. One other thing, my ringtones are set in the media/audio/ringtones folder and show up to set custom ringtones to my contacts, but they don't ring when that individual calls??? Any ideas for my minor issues would be a great help and I'll take your input and advice and see what happens. Is there something I should add or a task I should complete? Thanks for the time, and Liquid Team, Thanks again for a kickin' ROM.

#1 BSchnur6, Mar 1, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  2. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass Senior Member

Ratings:
    +123
    Actually quite a few of us have had the battery drop issue, for me the newest release seemed to help it quite a bit but I still get random drops later in the day once I surpass 60% remaining battery. Not sure anyone knows whats causing it yet.

3. Fault

Fault Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Mine drops from 70->50->20% in about 5 min, something might be wrong... Tried multiple kernels aswell, and using 1.31

4. BSchnur6

BSchnur6 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow, yeah that's a lot worse off than my situation! Sorry to hear...Just found some updated GB Kernels over on BB. I just flashed the 1.00 ghz from HERE...Gonna try this and see how the results pan out. I've had past success with some of his older work, but Liquid definitely in my book takes the cake...! :)

5. sonicfreak360

sonicfreak360 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Make a backup, the kernel looped my boot!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

6. BSchnur6

BSchnur6 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Dang, your phone must not of liked it...I flashed with no problems; maybe try a higher kernel. I've ran into that problem before. But since flashing the 1.00, I've been playing angry birds and talking on my phone for the last hour and still at 100%

7. sonicfreak360

sonicfreak360 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ha.... to be completely honest... i think i removed something in the kernal that I shouldn't have. I've got a habit for that, so I'm gunna try the kernal again!

8. KenBauer

KenBauer New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Dang. I was hoping that Pete's Kernel might help me with my battery life issues, but It's now officially the first kernel that ever boot looped my phone. Thank goodness for nandroid backups :)

9. liquid0624

liquid0624 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Well 3 things could cause battery drops like that...

How old the battery actually is meaning it you probably need a new one. Second what type of kernel your using and how far you are over clocking your device. Sometimes certain apps running in background or extended usage beyond normal will cause that as well.

10. liquid0624

liquid0624 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    And another note you could also need to cycle the battery by charging it to 100% and wiping battery stats in recovery then draining it down to 10 percent or below and recharging it.

11. BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +25
    Same here, never happened on any other previous LGB releases. I also have my screen dimmed at it's lowest setting, GPS off and sync off. Been at 5% for hours now, but like I said I've never had these battery drops before 1.31. Awaiting 1.4 to see what that brings.

Edit: I jinxed myself, just died as soon as I posted this.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

12. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass Senior Member

Ratings:
    +123
    This was yesterdays just to show how it goes.

[​IMG]

Whatever it is, it's software I can assure you. I've never had an issue with the battery prior to GB, the day I changed to it is the day I started to experience this and also started noticing others comments experiencing the same thing, no way is that coincidence. Note that at the point it indicates the phone was awake at the end I was running Pandora for just a little while to accelerate the process to show what happens. When it started to quickly degrade, it happened in a matter of minutes, and that's simply impossible for the battery to be consumed that quickly. I'd guess the battery indicator is reading voltage incorrectly or there is some coding issue.

EDIT: Also everything is stock, 1.1ghz.

Search tags for this page

team liquid rom website