1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

GREAT PHONE! Except the phone part, go figure...

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by jaystemple, Jan 11, 2010.

1. jaystemple

jaystemple New Member

Does anyone else have more and more people you talk to on the phoen complain about call quality? I have had a xv6700 and xv6800 which werent all that great as far as call quality goes, but I never even had home phone service. Verizon IS my phone service. Now, with the Droid, people are unable to understand or hear me in locations I never had problems in the past, when they complain they cant hear me I instictively look at my bars... they are always full or 3 out of 4 bars.

I sometimes have to end up yelling and talking like an idiot for people to understand my conversation with them and it makes it not even worth using as a phone...

All other features of the 'phone' are awesome.

Anyone else had this experience and know any way to fix or improve upon it?
    Thanks in advance
  2. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

My call quality is great... best of any phone I've owned.
    Only issue I've come across is when in bed... people complain they can't hear me when I'm laying down... I sit up and the problem goes away.... maybe something with the position of the phone?
  3. jaystemple

jaystemple New Member

Interesting, all my conversations are upright... what about your signal strength... same as previous phones? better? Worse?
  4. Martin030908

5. Big Cam

Big Cam New Member

I've been with verizon for many many years and I have never lost a call anywhere where I say to myself, I really shouldn't have service out here.

They have the best coverage period and every phone I've had relays that too.

mayb an isolated incident?
  6. jaystemple

jaystemple New Member

Totally agree with you. Verizon is the best hands down, been with them for 6 years... thats why this is so strange for me but I can see it is either isolated or jst my phone...
  7. 640k

640k New Member

no quality issues here. best i've ever heard/had. the noise cancellation is far superior to any phone i've used before - almost at an analog level.
  8. Martin030908

Might be the phone.... take it in to VZW to see if it's an issue that warrants an exchange.
  9. gardobus

gardobus New Member

Yeah see if they'll exchange it because my Droid has EXCELLENT call quality. That was even a huge part of the reviews on the Droid was how clear calls were on it.
  10. sillyrabbitt123

sillyrabbitt123 New Member

plenty have complained about what your saying you are not crazy. its the phone exchange it for a replacement.
  11. Kermy

Kermy New Member

Exchange it. Happened to my phone also. People say I sounded muffled, and my voice was cutting in and out. Manager at the Verizon store exchanged it and the new phone works great.
  12. JamesX

JamesX New Member

Have you tried this already?

From this Thread
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-general-discussions/8142-verizon-tech-here-ask-away.html

- Improve Call Audio Quality (Doesn't seem to work if you have anything to do with Alltel!)
    Dial ##7764726 (##PROGRAM) and act as if you were going to call that number.
    Enter 000000 for the SPC Password and then tap Verify
    Tap on "04 Vocode"
    Tap on EVRC-B than Apply
    Tap the Home Screen button and the phone should automatically reset a few seconds afterward. If not, power cycle the phone
    Explanation - This changes how the phone compresses and decompressed the call audio which improves the quality.
  13. myheroizme

myheroizme New Member

yep my phone does it as well its anoying when your arguing with someone and you try to make a point, and well they dont hear you and you feel stupid haah
  14. imiller913

imiller913 New Member

My call quality is fine you might want to try call *228 and select option 2 see if that helps at all
  15. rp683

rp683 New Member

I have exact same problem at my house. I have 3 or 4 bars and 3G. Never had a problem with people hearing me in the past with other phones. I did all the suggestions given here, and I even swapped the phone with Verizon, nothing worked. It seems like it only happens when people call ME... Outgoing calls are fine. Every incoming call people just can't hear me at all, muffled.... I call them back and it's fine.
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  16. jaystemple

jaystemple New Member

Yeah, I am going to contact VZW (I ordered it from them via their website, so I guess I can take it to a store, not sure). In any case, in less than a month I have made this phone totally mine, apps, settings, look, feel, etc..

I dont suppose there is any easy way to 'export' all apps, settings, etc, to a new droid phone? Contacts and such are not a worry of mine, all those are on my exchange account.
  17. jaystemple

jaystemple New Member

done and no change
  18. jaystemple

jaystemple New Member

Like this?
  19. david.gaylor

david.gaylor New Member

yeah i have people say i sound like i'm on speaker phone
  20. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

Call quality is better than my old Voyager. No complaints at all from people I'm talking to.
Search tags for this page
htc dna problems while holding phone with shoulder

www.wowmycall.com