great news!!!!

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by pilot25, Jan 24, 2010.

1. pilot25

pilot25 New Member

The kids at boygenius reporting wed. Iphone rights will be released from ATT.

I will be jumping for joy for iPhone 4.0
  2. unix.punkx

unix.punkx New Member

Yes, Apple is holding their Media Event... this was announced weeks ago.
  3. Enter

Enter New Member

You know the sad thing about this is the iphone is only tied down in the USA. Everywhere else it is on multiple carriers. I personally won't believe it until I see it, too many times have sites reported that it was coming to Verizon, those rumors have been there for two years.
  4. coolkidd

coolkidd New Member

Here in US, you are still stuck with either AT&T or T-Mobile for GSM phones.... Is Apple going to release an iPhone that works on CDMA?
  5. Arachnyd

Arachnyd New Member

Still don't want an iPhone. I swear to god owning Apple products turns people into insufferable techno**** who brag about their devices but couldn't operate a doorknob if Apple didn't gussy it up into a shiny retard-proof package.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2010
  6. qwiksilver711

qwiksilver711 New Member

+1
    never owned an apple product, never will, I avoid them at all cost... just cuz i dont feel like a sheep

Edit: edited the techno**** word cuz i saw the mods got it on the other one
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  7. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Lets keep it nice.
  8. Enter

Enter New Member

All for the low low price of $799!
  9. meh8036

meh8036 New Member

Not really a big deal... I actually got rid of my iPhone to get the Droid. I had my iPhone for almost 2 years and was actually sick of it towards the end. I never jailbroke it so i can't say how great of a phone it could of been. But I can tell you that the stock iPhone has virtually no customization, a horrible camera, and very limited menu options... oh yeah and the phone sucked on it too... Would never go back to owning one after messing around with the Android OS... Apple had me brainwashed... thank God I'm not a ritard :p
  10. justjered

justjered New Member

I did with mine... made it run like poo in my opinion... Lagged bad and locked up more... Then again my 3g locks up all the time anyways... Dont get me wrong I love the phone but even something as simple as being able to pull the battery out if it locks to bad would be nice! Yes I have had those days with it, where I wanted to break it open and pull the battery out so bad!
  11. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

^^^justjered BEST SIG EVER!!!!!!!!

:rofl3: I've been saying that for years (most Apple owners and almost anyone that drives a VWs, lol.... actually, just occurred to me that almost every VW owner I know has an iPhone).
  12. RosarioM

RosarioM New Member

That's not 100% true. There are some countries where a single carrier has it. I think in the UK it just opened up to more carriers, but it was an exclusive for Orange (I believe).

Either way, unless they do something dramatic with the hardware and be a little more open (which they won't do), I am sticking with Android. Maybe not the Droid, but definitely Android. Apple just takes too long to rev their hardware and with multiple hardware vendors, they will always be catching up with screen resolution and processor.
  13. Sparty83

Sparty83 New Member

In my defense, I will say I own an iMac and love it. I still have a Windows machine, and have to suffer through Vista at work, but I much prefer my iMac. Now that being said, I don't want an iPhone as I like the ability to tinker with my phone the way the Android system offers. I have an iPod Touch that doesn't really allow me to tinker with it the way I like to. It's great for music, which I used it extensively for when I was on dialysis for 2.5 years, but now it doesn't get used much. Now I carry my Droid everywhere; love it to death, and will most likely continue buying Android products in the future.

And, on a side note, my son-in-law does drive a VW and does have an iPhone! :motdroidhoriz:
  14. lumpysherman

lumpysherman New Member

Loves my iMac... but won't be getting an iphone, love my Droid too much. Well that and a new two year contract.
  15. sillyrabbitt123

sillyrabbitt123 New Member

who needs an iphone now. seriously. they lost their chance. Droid rocks the house. and i have a mac to boot but you cant pry my Droid out of my hands!
  16. koralyne

koralyne New Member

Dear lord, I just realized that. What did you do when it locked up completly? how do you fix that? o_O
  17. SSHGuru

SSHGuru New Member

I don't want Apple anything and never have owned anything Apple. I don't want an IPhone back then or in the future. It was very simple... no Verizon, no Keyboard, no me.

I don't care one bit about tablets. Not the one coming out from Apple this week or any other. If I can't put it my pocket I have no need for it.

If I were in college I might consider it if it did books - just to not have to carry a ton of them and to replace a notepad... etc. But I work with a computer all day so I dont need it and not even curious about it.
  18. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

:rofl3: so it's not (completely) my imagination.
  19. justjered

justjered New Member

Wow...I'm horribly offended (Im being silly)... I HATE new VW's... however am an old Air cooled junkie! There is no compairison between the old Vw's and anything apple has or ever will come out with...

With that being said... I'm wasnt one of those walk around stroking my iphone begging people to watch guys... The Iphone is a nice piece of hardware though... Honestly the only I didnt get a droid sooner though, is I absolutely hate verizon...

TY on the sig... Didn't want to push it being to x rated... so this was mild :)
  20. justjered

justjered New Member

spent litterally 6 or 7 hours screwing with it and trying every single fix I could... was about to give up and find the apple store, when I found a way to fix it online by whiping the hard drive in it and restoring it via itunes... thank god it worked cuase I was So so so mad at that point...