great news!!!!

Discussion in 'Non-Android Smart Phones' started by pilot25, Jan 24, 2010.

1. pilot25

pilot25 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    The kids at boygenius reporting wed. Iphone rights will be released from ATT.

I will be jumping for joy for iPhone 4.0

2. unix.punkx

unix.punkx Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, Apple is holding their Media Event... this was announced weeks ago.

3. Enter

Enter Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You know the sad thing about this is the iphone is only tied down in the USA. Everywhere else it is on multiple carriers. I personally won't believe it until I see it, too many times have sites reported that it was coming to Verizon, those rumors have been there for two years.

4. coolkidd

coolkidd Member

Ratings:
    +0

Here in US, you are still stuck with either AT&T or T-Mobile for GSM phones.... Is Apple going to release an iPhone that works on CDMA?

5. Arachnyd

Arachnyd New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Still don't want an iPhone. I swear to god owning Apple products turns people into insufferable techno**** who brag about their devices but couldn't operate a doorknob if Apple didn't gussy it up into a shiny retard-proof package.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2010
  6. qwiksilver711

qwiksilver711 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    +1
    never owned an apple product, never will, I avoid them at all cost... just cuz i dont feel like a sheep

Edit: edited the techno**** word cuz i saw the mods got it on the other one

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  7. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Lets keep it nice.

8. Enter

Enter Member

Ratings:
    +0
    All for the low low price of $799!

9. meh8036

meh8036 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not really a big deal... I actually got rid of my iPhone to get the Droid. I had my iPhone for almost 2 years and was actually sick of it towards the end. I never jailbroke it so i can't say how great of a phone it could of been. But I can tell you that the stock iPhone has virtually no customization, a horrible camera, and very limited menu options... oh yeah and the phone sucked on it too... Would never go back to owning one after messing around with the Android OS... Apple had me brainwashed... thank God I'm not a ritard :p

10. justjered

justjered New Member

Ratings:
    +0

I did with mine... made it run like poo in my opinion... Lagged bad and locked up more... Then again my 3g locks up all the time anyways... Dont get me wrong I love the phone but even something as simple as being able to pull the battery out if it locks to bad would be nice! Yes I have had those days with it, where I wanted to break it open and pull the battery out so bad!

11. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Silver Member

Ratings:
    +2
    ^^^justjered BEST SIG EVER!!!!!!!!

:rofl3: I've been saying that for years (most Apple owners and almost anyone that drives a VWs, lol.... actually, just occurred to me that almost every VW owner I know has an iPhone).

Last edited: Jan 24, 2010
  12. RosarioM

RosarioM Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's not 100% true. There are some countries where a single carrier has it. I think in the UK it just opened up to more carriers, but it was an exclusive for Orange (I believe).

Either way, unless they do something dramatic with the hardware and be a little more open (which they won't do), I am sticking with Android. Maybe not the Droid, but definitely Android. Apple just takes too long to rev their hardware and with multiple hardware vendors, they will always be catching up with screen resolution and processor.

13. Sparty83

Sparty83 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    In my defense, I will say I own an iMac and love it. I still have a Windows machine, and have to suffer through Vista at work, but I much prefer my iMac. Now that being said, I don't want an iPhone as I like the ability to tinker with my phone the way the Android system offers. I have an iPod Touch that doesn't really allow me to tinker with it the way I like to. It's great for music, which I used it extensively for when I was on dialysis for 2.5 years, but now it doesn't get used much. Now I carry my Droid everywhere; love it to death, and will most likely continue buying Android products in the future.

And, on a side note, my son-in-law does drive a VW and does have an iPhone! :motdroidhoriz:

14. lumpysherman

lumpysherman Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Loves my iMac... but won't be getting an iphone, love my Droid too much. Well that and a new two year contract.

15. sillyrabbitt123

sillyrabbitt123 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    who needs an iphone now. seriously. they lost their chance. Droid rocks the house. and i have a mac to boot but you cant pry my Droid out of my hands!