Great battery life on thunderbolt

wowings

Reaction score
Battery

Thanks for the tip on Blockbuster. I will give that a try. I also turned the screen brightness down to 30% - that helped, too.
wowings

cpjr

Reaction score
Ive been running rooted, Perfect Storm 1.2 ROM, overclocked to 1.5ghz w/ profiles set (like cutting clockspeed way down when screen is off), still running 4G, screen set to auto....

And today for example with moderate usage, being a handful of phone calls, txts, playing around and about 20 of mobile hotspot on....

Unplugged for 7 1/2 hours, sitting at 74% right now.

jdk2

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1103
Turned off 4G with LTE On/Off 4 hours ago and haven't lost 1% of battery. Have both the OEM and the extended. I also killed mobile network as well for that time. Without using the LTE On/Off, I was loosing about 5% per hour even with the mobile data off.

flipteg

Reaction score
i just hit 24 hours with stock battery and it just popped up the 15% warning. screen use is at 1 hour showing 34% battery usage and 20 minutes of voice call showing 22% battery usage. phone is in 4G the entire time.

tondraj

Reaction score
I've noticed that my battery life is VERY inconsistent. For example, yesterday I made it through the entire day (7:30am - 10:15pm) without having to recharge my phone. Today, my battery was at 20% by 5pm and i recharged it on my way home from work to 50%. Well, it was dead by 9pm. I didn't change anything - I had the same amount of web browsing, texting, etc and I went to all the same places (work then home). It's just very strange...it's like every few days something runs in the background and just kills my battery. The rest of the time, it's fine. I still love this phone; just hoping an update can fix it. BTW - I'm in a 4G area and i turn Wifi on at work.

Smokie

Reaction score
just by rooting the Thunderbolt and then running setCPU profiles to dumb it down when the screen is off has almost doubled my friends thunderbolt's battery life. stock kernel still and stock ROM. it runs almost 10-12 hours now with normal use + playing games. im impressed, prior to root he used to have a dead battery after 4-6 hours if that.

dieselpowered

Reaction score
I am very happy for all of you...Had three of them, all could not get more than 4 hours on a charge...this is in a 4G area. I do not want to call people out, however, I wish I would have received the same phones you all did...cause it is a great phone, I just refuse to stay connected to a charger all day long.

Edit...

On a side note, does anyone think it is odd that in order to get a decent amount of battery life out of their phone they need to disable the very services they purchased the phone for?

Last edited:
OP
C
Reaction score
13 hours and 64% on new extended battery I just got yesterday. I was on the Harley, did 300 miles through MANY areas with NO coverage. I did use the app "PHONE INFO" and turned off 4g while out in the boonies. Overall I very happy right now, theoretically it should go pretty close to 24 hours now..We'll see though...Not sure if the battery gauge is linear.

Which extended batt did you get?

This is my thunderbolt talking...

Cloud36426

Reaction score
I am on stock battery rooted running das BAMF 1.4 on 4.1 kernel that came with ROM no set CPU and all I can say is WOW.

Sent from my ADR6400L

Snow02

Reaction score
Yeah, but what's that screen on time? Definitely nice either way though.

Cloud36426

Reaction score
I think an hour and a half. No heavy use today. But before root even in standby it would only go about 8 to 10 hours.

Sent from my ADR6400L

geoff5093

Reaction score
I am on stock battery rooted running das BAMF 1.4 on 4.1 kernel that came with ROM no set CPU and all I can say is WOW.

Sent from my ADR6400L
CAP201104090820.jpg

DroidStang

Reaction score
been running the extended battery 10 days now...right now been running skype mobile since was available today for 3 hours, turnned off screen timeout, so screen on last 3 hours....started with full charge at 630 am, been 15 hours now 50 % left....sykpe using only 2%

13 April
Today running Skype all day , making calls, 80% left 8 hours use

Last edited:

lantzalot

Reaction score
Been unplugged for 11 hours and am at 74%. Running Juice Defender, Power Save Mode, Fast Reboot, Watchdog Lite. Was in wifi most of the day, a few lengthy phone calls, some Angry Birds action. I typically do a system restart once a day in the morning while phone is still on the charger since it seems to take about 4% battery life just to reboot. Otherwise, really haven't had any issues with the battery life like some are reporting. I keep an eye on the cpu and battery temp to see if it runs much hotter than room temperature as that may be an indicator for a runaway app (Watchdog Lite helps here too). Was at Verizon store today and was talking to the lady that had her TB charging while she was helping me and she said she is getting awful battery life. You'd think she'd be tied in to what's needed to get good performance out of the battery or maybe there just was a bad run of batteries. Let me know if anyone has any other questions on anything else I'm doing...happy to help.

Cheers.

Last edited: