Great Android phone for Gaming?

ClausG76

Reaction score
I curently own a Motorola Milestone. But I'm thinking about getting a new phone. I use it mainly for music listening, internet browsing and gaming. I Mainly bought the phone for it's cpu/gpu power and because of the hardware buttons. I have been looking at Lg optimus 2x and Sony Xperia Play. The Lg has the CPU/GPU power and the Xperia Play has the optimal hardware butons but not so good CPU/GPU. Now i noticed that a Milestone 3 might come out in september. I looks like it will have both the power and the hardware buttons. But i'm a little concerned about the button layout. On the pictures it looks like the arrow buttons, will be like on Droid 2/Milestone 2. Is that a good layout for gaming. I am not able to see and test it since it's not officially sold in my contry. What do you think would be future android gaming device.
Ps The Xperia play has the ergonomics But will it have the processing power that will last. And last, the design og the Droid/Milestone is a little more discrete than the Play.

solar

Reaction score
It's a tough call. depends on whether its more important to be able to type on a hard KB or play games on it. Xperia is obviously setup better for gaming hardware wise. I thought it had a decent GPU also for gaming but I can't remember.

The arrow keys aren't bad. they're not at good as the D-pad on the D1. I've got a D2 Global with arrow keys now, but previously had a D1. Of course a Game Gripper helps for when the arrow keys just don't cut it.

oc noob

Reaction score
Wait for now. The line up of android games that run 3d suck right now anyway. By then hopefully it will ne better.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Robdiesel

Reaction score
Droidx is awesome for gaming.. huge screen looks awesome with Hd games from Gameloft.. good luck

Sent from my DROIDX