Grand Theft Auto 3 on the Droid 3

Baconstrip

Reaction score
Hi all, I just wanted to let you know that GTA 3 DOES NOT work on the Droid 3, even though it says it is a compatible app. So don't purchase it until they add support... it works, downloads the file, plays the intro, then immediately drops to desktop. The same version I bought on my D3 works great on my Transformer, but I really wanted to play on my phone! :(

akhi216

Reaction score
That's why I use iPod Touch for gaming. I use the Droid 3 for everything else.

Sent from my iPod Touch 4G
using Tapatalk

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
To many look at my signature.
It work on my droid incredible it not even dual core so i think it the rom your running rockstar games support stock roms from manufactures

akhi216

Reaction score
It work on my droid incredible it not even dual core so i think it the rom your running rockstar games support stock roms from manufactures

I think it's a compatibility issue with the Droid 3's OMAP4 processor. The Galaxy Nexus has and OMAP4 processor and GTAIII doesn't work on it as well (so I hear).

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I think galaxy nexus isnt working correctly not because OMAP4 i think rockstar games didnt optimize correctly due to demand i was in their page. They only supported samsung galaxy s2 because ppl was complaining about it every 5 to 10 post per day, before it release same with Droid users. Im suprise because according to them a few days prior to the release date they said they have issue with galaxy s2.

Grand Theft Auto III: 10 Year Anniversary Edition Now Available for iPad, iPhone and Android Devices - Watch the Official Launch Trailer | Rockstar Games

Last edited:
OP
B

Baconstrip

Reaction score
It looks like they incorrectly released it to unsupported devices. Even though I bought it originally on my D3, it doesn't show up on my list of applications anymore.

Cdjones187

Reaction score
I've lost countless PAID apps that I had bought due to incompatibility and the lack of support. I no longer buy apps. I also stay away from market 'deals', I bough NFS shift for 99 cents and now it wants me to pay $9.99.

spunker88

Reaction score
An update is out now for the Nexus and Bionic. The Droid 3 works as well, but the market won't let you download it. The Bionic and Droid 3 are almost the same spec wise, same screen resolution, same processor, same GPU, I'm not sure why the Droid 3 isn't on the support list.

akhi216

Reaction score
An update is out now for the Nexus and Bionic. The Droid 3 works as well, but the market won't let you download it. The Bionic and Droid 3 are almost the same spec wise, same screen resolution, same processor, same GPU, I'm not sure why the Droid 3 isn't on the support list.

...then RAM must be a factor.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

spunker88

Reaction score
The Droid 3 is on the support list now. I doubt the game uses that much RAM that the difference between 512 and 1GB would affect it. Android will just kill off more processes until it has enough RAM for GTA. The first few minutes of the game it studders every now and then, I'm guessing its just Android killing processes and caching more of GTA into the RAM.

pistacio

Reaction score
It's now $2.99...

Is it playable on the droid 3 with the newest update?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums App

synpse

Reaction score
I was playing GTAIII yesterday.. the 10 year anniversary version. Vice City doesn't work, tho.

Last edited:

add119

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Yeah it doesn't work because rockstar game didn't support on gta vc it like they did with droid bionic. I have original droid razr on version 1.0.3 they finally support it on gta vice city because of complain I gave for that device told several ppl on forum to email rockstar games to complaint about it. For droid 3 and razr so it should arrive on next update. Complain in multiple users so they can hear ya out.

Sent from my DROID3

Last edited: