Grab a Samsung Galaxy Nexus for Free at Best Buy for a Limited Time

Discussion in 'Android News' started by dgstorm, Aug 6, 2012.

1. dgstorm

dgstorm Editor in Chief
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,255
    [​IMG]

Best Buy is having an awesome sale on the Samsung Galaxy Nexus over at Best Buy. You can grab the former flagship, yet still amazing, G-Nex for the grand price of FREE on a new or renewed two-year contract with Verizon. It's hard to sneeze at that price, especially if you were ready to renew anyway. Hit up the source link below to grab yours!

Thanks for the tip, justin82!

Source: Samsung - Galaxy Nexus 4G Mobile Phone - Black (Verizon Wireless) - SCHI515MSV

2. warped1987

warped1987 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I've been planning on taking advantage of this for a while now since it was first dropped here on the site. my upgrade is August 8th! So close! I've already ordered screen protectors for like $1.50 on eBay and a nice case for under $5 lol. The protectors came today and the case was unfortunately from Hong Kong, I never check where it ships from :( And I entered to win one of those amazing laser etched battery covers going on in the contest here, so I hope I am chosen tomorrow as a winner for one for the phone!

3. tgyberg

tgyberg Silver Member

Ratings:
    +324
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL & C
    Nice! Free would have been great :biggrin:

4. jaybogg

jaybogg Member

Ratings:
    +18
    A person very knowledgeable of VZW policies posted recently that you are eligible one week prior to official upgrade date. You may want to check it out.

5. warped1987

warped1987 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Oh snap, if that's the case I'm going to the mall after work and seeing, cuz I have the next 2 days off and I can think of no better way to spend them than playing with a new phone lol

6. RyanPm40

RyanPm40 Active Member

Ratings:
    +112
    I love this phone, but I definitely caution everyone to look up the notorious data dropping/connection hardware issues and the poor battery life. I had to exchange my phone for another one because it constantly would drop data and be incredibly slower and overall way worse than my Thunderbolt was in terms of data speeds and connections. Battery has been pretty awful in both phones, definitely worse than the Thunderbolt out of the box (wasn't HTC known for their horrible battery life? Well, Samsung topped it).

But, aside from those two gripes, it's a very quick and smooth phone. I really like it.

7. warped1987

warped1987 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Went to the mall and got my Nexus! And I happened to be one of the winners of the Gruver laser etched battery covers! This day is just amazing :-D

8. comk4ver

comk4ver Member

Ratings:
    +14
    Please note you would lose unlimited data even on a renewal :-(

9. DMR149

DMR149 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Is the reasoning behind this that they will be releasing the new nexus device soon? A better question to ask, what do you guys think about the longevity of the Galaxy Nexus? At this point if you are locked into a two-year contract will you turn around in a year and want to kick your past-self in the ass?

(I'm currently on the original Droid and trying to upgrade, this is free, so works in that arena way pretty well, but I don't want to piss my future-self off too much lol)

Thanks

10. jaybogg

jaybogg Member

Ratings:
    +18
    Glad you got what you wanted. The reason I did not mention the member's name with the "1 week prior" tip was because I couldn't remember it. A big thanks is due "jackiecivic" as she was the one with this great tip!

11. pdroid

pdroid Silver Member

Ratings:
    +7

I think new Nexus devices might be out in November, but word is they can be directly purchased from the Play Store. Not sure if those devices can operate on VZW though.

I would recommend waiting a few more months if you can manage it.

12. tgyberg

tgyberg Silver Member

Ratings:
    +324
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel XL & C
    The GNex with a JB ROM absolutely smokes! I couldn't even wait a few more minutes if I still had the D1. :)

Search tags for this page

games for galaxy nexus free

samsung galaxy free at bestbuy
samsung nexus best buy