Gps

Popper

Reaction score
I know there are programs that show you on a map where your friends are, but not sure if it is on Google Maps. Had a friends daughter(who is 10 lol) tell her mom, "oh, he is on such and such a street". She has an iphone, so this might be on it. Is there something that is already on my Droid that I don't know about or do I need to d/l an app?

WVOz1970

Reaction score
You can use Google Latitude. The people you want to locate have to also be running Latitude and on your Friend list. You can then go into Layers in Google Maps and turn on Latitude.

Mobile post from Droid land

OP
P

Popper

Reaction score
Cool. Thank you. Knew it was in there somewhere. LOL doesn't appear any of my friends are running it, though.

MorganSmith

Reaction score
Hi Popper! I know an application that is available for your Droid which has the same feature as you mentioned. Like you can check on the map at their website the current location of your child. This is the one I'm using to keep track of the location of my kids and I find it very useful as a form of protection to them. The name of the application is SafeTREC. This is the protection I provide to my kids SafeTREC – Advanced Mobile Safety