1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Gps

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by jliller, Jun 21, 2010.

1. jliller

jliller New Member

Normally the GPS on my Motorola Droid is really good - 6 to 9 ft accuracy.

I've had a few times when the GPS signal was weak (only 20-30 ft accuracy) but this has mostly occured when the weather has been stormy so not surprising I'd think.

But I've had a couple times when the phone simply looks and looks for the GPS satelites but cannot seem to find them (it sees only a couple if any and cannot get a solid signal) even though the sky is pretty clear and I'm standing in the open (and not in a rural area). This is rare and the GPS will be fine again later in the day or the next day.

I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to improve the phone's ability to get a good GPS signal?
  2. foolydooly

foolydooly New Member

Droid's GPS isn't entirely based off of just satellite. Instead it's based on our 3G network. So signal will affect it.

Open area will help certainly, but sometimes signal is just pot of a luck thing.......