GPS won't shut off?

Discussion in 'cvpcs' started by raven1911, Sep 21, 2010.

1. raven1911

raven1911 New Member

I switched over to Sapphire 1.1.1 and installed smoked glass. I debated on whether to put this in the general droid or this forum but since I never had this problem before installing sapphire I decided to put it in here. Anyway, I have been having problems with the GPS running constantly for some reason. I have to manually shut it off. Happens usually after using Google Maps. Mostly when I close out of Maps it shuts down automatically but as of late it has not. Not sure what is causing it. I went into app manager and manually shut down all running services but that did not shut down the GPS. Any ideas?
  2. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

I have Sapphire and I do not have any GPS issues. Check your location settings and if you use Lattitude it may be the issue, not sure.
  3. raven1911

raven1911 New Member

I have no idea. I was surfing the internet via tethering on my computer and looked up and the damn GPS was on flashing. I don't know what to do except manually shut it down. Its a pain in the butt.:icon_evil:
  4. Armyof2

Armyof2 New Member

Could be a kernel issue...maybe try reflashing your kernel or try a different one? happend to me once with a different rom a while ago but i ended up not keeping the rom so i never found a real fix so i'm kinda grasping at straws
Search tags for this page
android gps never shuts off
android gps not shutting off
android, maps wont shut off

gps won't turn off android

how to ahut off navigation on android phone
how to shut down maps on droid
shut off gps on droid

shut off shut. saphirerm and the beat up with of

shutting down android gps