GPS won't shut off?

raven1911

Reaction score
I switched over to Sapphire 1.1.1 and installed smoked glass. I debated on whether to put this in the general droid or this forum but since I never had this problem before installing sapphire I decided to put it in here. Anyway, I have been having problems with the GPS running constantly for some reason. I have to manually shut it off. Happens usually after using Google Maps. Mostly when I close out of Maps it shuts down automatically but as of late it has not. Not sure what is causing it. I went into app manager and manually shut down all running services but that did not shut down the GPS. Any ideas?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have Sapphire and I do not have any GPS issues. Check your location settings and if you use Lattitude it may be the issue, not sure.

OP
raven1911

raven1911

Reaction score
I have no idea. I was surfing the internet via tethering on my computer and looked up and the damn GPS was on flashing. I don't know what to do except manually shut it down. Its a pain in the butt.:icon_evil:

Armyof2

Reaction score
Could be a kernel issue...maybe try reflashing your kernel or try a different one? happend to me once with a different rom a while ago but i ended up not keeping the rom so i never found a real fix so i'm kinda grasping at straws