GPS Tracking Issue/Weather Widget Prob

Discussion in 'LG Revolution' started by toadstinytails, Jun 12, 2011.

1. toadstinytails

toadstinytails New Member

I just got my Revo a few days ago, my first smartphone. I played with all 3 4G phones at Verizon, and based on overall experience, preferred the LG (though it was tough call). I have had other LG phones and have been very happy with them. So far, there is a lot that I am really liking about this phone, some things that I have found out are fixable (not crazy about the texting layout), but I can't seem to find any info on the main problem I'm having. I have Google Maps, as well as the Bing map on there, and otherwise it is an unrooted, stock device. The Weather widget is handy, except when I am at home, it keeps saying that I am at a town that is about 2 hours away. Both Google and Bing maps will lock onto my location eventually, but will bounce out to that town first and then bounce back to where I am - no matter how many times I leave the map and come back. There has been a couple of times tonight where they did not find my actual location, without me leaving the app and trying again a few minutes later. After finding my location on these maps, if I go back to the Weather widget and refresh, it still shows the incorrect location. However, on a very few occassions, it will get my location right.

So, what I am asking, is this a known software issue, or do I have a dud phone that should be returned? If it's a software issue, any ideas on how to fix? When working properly, Google Maps is quite good at pinpointing my exact location.

Thank you!
  2. mursepaolo

mursepaolo New Member

might just be the area that you live in. perhaps cell triangulation doesn't work too well there?
  3. Big Cam

Big Cam New Member

Try switching to Wi-Fi and updating your weather app.

Wi-Fi is more accurate that Cell triangulation. Mine usually shows me in a town about 5 miles away, not quite as bad as you, but you can also usually set a default location.
Search tags for this page
asus transformer weather widget
asus transformer weather widget not updating
asus weather widget not refreshing

asus weather widget not updating

asus weather widget wrong location
can i track my lg revolution
go weather widget wrong location
gps tracker lg revolution
lg incredible wrong gps location
lg revolution gps
lg revolution tracking the phone