GPS Tracker for Child

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by skerm8, Nov 23, 2009.

1. vinnard

vinnard Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think you should just give your kids some room. If you need to know where they are you should try calling them :)

2. rusray

rusray Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Did I miss where he said he wanted to locate his kid covertly? While I agree you should give your children space, I feel that having a GPS tracking program on their phone isn't a horrible idea. Especially if you can't get a hold of your child on his or her phone. Peace of mind. It's a crazy world these days, guys.

That being said: I've played with GPS Tracker to track me cycling, and I've used Google Latitude to alert me when I'm close to friends that have it. Both worked well. I also have Mobile Defense installed on my droid; I think that program has amazing capabilities for being a free program. You might want to check that out.

3. nitsuj

nitsuj Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think you can have a chip implanted in the child, just under the skin, that can be tracked rather than trust that they keep their phone turned on. I know they do it for dogs, but I don't see why you couldn't do it on a kid. It's probably cheaper than a $200 and a data plan too. Or just put up one of those invisible pet fences around the house. Maybe a moat.

4. notinbutthetruth

notinbutthetruth New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OK seriously, I was a kid once; the last thing I ever needed was MORE room. I simply had my child phone cloned by the provider, it completely registers everything that is done, and stores everything but can only be deleted from my phone. Do I use it? Some times; but I at least know what is always going on. The problem is not knowing, it’s how you handle the information. Nor is the problem the kids; it’s you parents who simply don’t care, and even if you had the information wouldn’t check it, or use it constructively. You need to let you kids make mistakes, but I can’t explain the advantage of knowing my child had a bad day by looking through some texts, and knowing I NEED to make time to be available that evening. Use your heads people.

5. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I'll throw the BS flag on this, No provider is going to "do" this for you, since it's illegal.

6. LtKen

LtKen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I wanted to do the same, but I wasnt sure. Maybe his cell provider was the CIA.

7. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Just to play devil's advocate on this old thread...

What happens if someone kidnaps your kid and tosses out the phone? Or your kid loses the phone? Or they have been playing games all day and the battery dies by the time night rolls around and they are flashing cars their boobs? etc etc etc

8. LtKen

LtKen Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Then you're SOL, just as if they didnt have the phone in the first place. But to play devil's advocate with you, if your car doesnt work the one day when you really need to get across town, does that mean it's never necessary or useful?

I'm just being argumentative for the sake of it, I personally dont care either way how other people chose to deal with their kids.

9. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Me either, the way I deal with my kids is to not have any because I can't stand children. lol

10. pyro6128

pyro6128 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +8
    haha is it because you don't want them playing with your cool toys?

11. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +6
  12. Matth3w

Matth3w Guest

Ratings:
    +0
  13. notinbutthetruth

notinbutthetruth New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually no I do not work for the CIA; but i do work for the federal government, and they had nothing to do with it. In fact the federal government would be the only people you don’t want cloning you’re phone; however, it is NOT illegal to clone your own phone....hum, what would make you think it was? it's your phone, maybe you want to leave one at you’re office, and another at home you could clone 3 or even 5 of your phones if you wanted to but it’s not cheap. It is illegal to clone someone else’s phone, and the provider itself has to do it, usually at the time of purchase - and not the sales store or Radio Shack, but the actual provider corporate office. But you’re probably right, couldn’t be done, thanks for clarifying.

14. DianneSmith1

DianneSmith1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Safety for Kids

I would highly recommend the SafeTREC application for you. It would not just let you track the current location of your child but it would also let your child summon help and get immediate response during emergency situations. And not only that they provide other safety features that would enable us parents to provide safety for our kids anytime and anywhere. This application is functional on any phones. I found out about this application from my sister and I find it very useful to us parents. Try it for yourself you can check out their website its SafeTREC - Time Response Emergency Call.

15. dr.teck

dr.teck New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have 2 kids and I require them to carry their Droids with them to school, after-school clubs and athletics, etc. I use DroidTracker Pro to track them (well, actually their phones...). Its tracking is unbelievable and my husband and I know where they are at all times by going to DroidTrackerPro.com and locating their phones. Our friend uses the same app for their teenager who has been recently getting into lots of trouble. I hope my wife isn't using it to track me!

Best,
    Dr

Search tags for this page
1 gps locator app for android
chaperone app for android
customer reviews of gps tracking androids

droid gps tracker

droid tracker

droid tracker teen
family locator for droid
family tracker
how to track my wifes android phone