1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

GPS Toggle?

Discussion in 'Droid Razr and Razr Maxx ICS discussion' started by awriternot, Jul 23, 2012.

1. awriternot

awriternot New Member

Ok dumb question but I had a one click widget for turning on my GPS before ICS that no longer works. Does anyone know of a good one that works? So far I have had no luck & have been having to go in to settings every single time I want to enable it.

Unrooted Droid Razr Maxx
  2. BriCo84

BriCo84 New Member

Same thing happened with me on my Droid 4. Apparently Motorola removed their individual widgets (these were Motorola provided widgets) and instead opted to have their users use the All in 1 power control bar. This is not too big a problem as there are 3rd party apps if you want individual widgets (I personally have beautiful widgets which has a single widget for all the options you want). However, it appears that an app can't be written to directly control the GPS, making it a pain in the butt. Motorola somehow had designed a GPS widget for their phones, but it was proprietary. Without their widget, we have no way to control it on and off other than use the giant power control center.

MOTOFAIL!
  3. Sydman

Sydman Rescue Squad Premium Member

If you go under Widgets they still have the one touch GPS toggle on their stock Power Control thing.

It has Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, Sync, and screen brightness.

Open your APP drawer and go to widgets it is the one with the five little icons called Power Control.
  4. BriCo84

BriCo84 New Member

Thank you for your reply, but please read what you are replying to before doing so. I clearly stated that I knew about the power control widget but was not satisfied. The power control widget takes up a 4 x 1 space on the home screen. I am specifically looking for the 1 x 1 GPS toggle style behavior seen in GingerBlur
  5. Sydman

I was replying to the OP, who did not mention that Power Control widget.
  6. awriternot

awriternot New Member

Thanks Syd...that's what I ended up using.

Sent from my Unrooted Droid Razr Maxx Using Tapatalk
  7. Sydman

No problem that is what I ended up using as well because I like that it can turn sync off. Since I got my Nexus 7 tablet I turn sync off on my phone while I have that around so I don't have double email notifications coming in.
Search tags for this page
android one click gps toggle
beautiful widgets gps toggle
best one touch toggle widget htc
droid razr maxx gps widget
droid razr maxx toggle gps widget
droid toggle gps single click

galaxy s3 gps toggle

gps on off for one click

gps toggle

gps toggle app android
moto x gps toggle