GPS stopped working?

walker164

Reaction score
Something interesting has happened with my GPS...as in it stopped obtaining a signal. Happened last week. In the morning I was google Navigating somewhere, then in the afternoon it wouldn't grab a GPS signal and it hasn't since.

I was running Carbon 1.8 when it first started. Numerous restarts, hard boot and cold boots and network resets later, no joy. I've been wanting to try CM 10.1.3 for a while, so I loaded it up, wiped, and flashed CM. Everything runs great, but the GPS is still having problems. Google Maps, Waze, GPS Status, Golfshot....none of them are able to grab GPS.

I have a work iPhone 4S that I carry as well - The iPhone gets GPS no problem, so I'm fairly sure that it isn't a signal quality problem. I have mainly tested in my car or outside.

Not sure if it is related, but I also haven't been able to get 4G on my phone since Thursday....only @ 3G and I def take 4G for granted haha.

Appreciate any help or ideas! Below are some cell phone stats:
Network Mode:Global
System Select: Auto
CDMA Subscription: RUIM/SIM
Ver 4.2.2
Kernel: 3.0.8-g67d26a7 Compiled Sept 23
ROM: CM 10.1.3 spyder

Thanks!

biggdave92

Reaction score
i'm having the same problem. S4 on VZW in South carolina. Think it started when the update went out last week. Mine isnt locking in. It will for a sec if i reboot but then it stops again.

OP
walker164

walker164

Reaction score
Changed my roaming type from Global to LTE/CDMA and that seems to have fixed the 4G problem. Not sure how it got changed or why Global doesn't operate with 4G?

OP
walker164

walker164

Reaction score
I can check again when I get outside of this underground bunker. Thanks!

OP
walker164

walker164

Reaction score
Sorry doe the late reply. GPS still doesn't work :(

Any ideas out there?

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I assume all your location services have been checked, and checked again. Get GPSFix from the Play Store and see if it can see any sats.

OP
walker164

walker164

Reaction score
Good call. I did that the other day but it can't find any satellites either. I'm gonna try it again though.

OP
walker164

walker164

Reaction score
Tried GPS Fix and let it run the full 15 mins and no signal. I did it while I was driving with my phone mounted in the window. I don't live in the burbs and not a downtown setting.

Also, yes, all of the location settings stuff is checked. The best it can do is a 1/2 mile location based on towers. It will also grab WiFi location data too if the WiFi is on. No GPS though :(