GPS Slow to activate

Reaction score
Christobal said:
Yes, I got the 905 update several weeks ago. Not sure if my problem started then as I didn't really notice it until recently.

Are you willing to load in the .232 ice cream sandwich build? You can revert back to .902 when the OTA comes out, then get the standard upgrade. .232 solved my issues with GPS and most of the time it works well now, again 90% of the time.... Stupid .905 messed with my stuff too...

I don't know who was in charge of that update, but they need to be put in charge of the broom closet...

Only thing is that you will have to be willing to revert back once the standard update comes out, but you will love ice cream sandwich so much, you may not care to switch back...

torrentman10

Reaction score
I've been having trouble locking on to the GPS over the past few weeks (un-rooted). It seemed to be a slight problem when I first got my original Bionic on release day, but cleared up after software updates. I am on my 3rd Bionic with the most recent OS and since I received it in March, have had NO problem with the GPS until now. I use GPS essentials and, although I can see almost a dozen or so GPS satellites, it still takes quite a wile for them to "fix" on my position. This has become quite a nuisance https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...0gHjx4DwAw&ved=0CGkQvwUoAQ&q=nuisance&spell=1 when I am in the car trying to bring up directions. :(

I had the same exact problem you have. It messed up a whole when I got it around release day and now its doing it again just recently. Annoys the crap out of me since I use the GPS function for a biking app that tracks where and how fast I go. I took it to the Verizon store the other day, adn they couldn't figure it out either, so they're sending me another one.

Camoxjeep

Reaction score
I'm on 232 and since being on this leak my gps sucks. 4200 meters off, takes forever to get close. Before it was instant.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

Last edited: