"GPS Signal Lost"

dennis24

Reaction score
Not sure if this is a bug (doubt it) or something that can easily be fixed. This is my first smart phone and I am still learning.

Every once in a while the phone announces "GPS signal lost." I don't have to be in navigator or any app for that matter. The phone could be in my pocket.

How can I fix this?

Thanks

OP
D

dennis24

Reaction score
I think I have it figured out. In testing things out I opened navigator and tried out an address a few miles away. I thought I had exited the program but apparently didn't and was still ready to direct me to the address. This raises a larger problem of there being no (apparent) exit or close buttons on most programs.:icon_eek:
On another thread on most valuable apps, several listed task killers as essential. I guess this is why. I downloaded two, Advanced Task Manager and Battery Dr, so that I could close programs I did not want running in the background.
I am probably missing something because I can't imagine developers not anticipating that for some reason a person might want to shut a GPS program off or at least stop searching for an address, but I guess what I have should work for now.

dhinged

Reaction score
I wish I could disable that as well... I was walking down the hallway to the parking lot and it piped up just because I did a search for something in Navigation. I haven't found an option to disable it but I'll update the thread if I do.