1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

GPS/Sensor API legacy support in SS 5.01

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by unlstorm, Mar 6, 2011.

1. unlstorm

unlstorm New Member

I use a application called "Tasker" for programming special phone profiles and event tasks. This application worked great in Froyo. When I upgraded to GB (SS 5.01) I have problems when Tasker tries to enable GPS for other applications. I might also be having some other sensor issues but I'm still investigating this condition.

In Cyanogen v7.0 they have a fix titled "Common: Legacy sensor/GPS support - arcee" in their changelog. I believe this is to support both the new (GB) and legacy (Froyo) interfaces to GPS (and other?) sensor controls. Unfortunately, I can't find enough details (even reviewing github/twitter) about that Cyanogen line item in the changelog.

Wondering if this is something Simply Stunning might benefit from doing or if I just need to give up using Tasker to auto enable/disable GPS on applications that need precise location features?
  2. mordo

mordo New Member