GPS Running Apps-Where do you put your phone???

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by Seattle1980, Jan 20, 2010.

1. Seattle1980

Seattle1980 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    For those of you that use Cardio Trainer or Buddy Runner, where do you keep your phone when you are running?? I have Buddy Runner and love it, but I haven't found a good place to keep my phone when I am running.

2. Kobra

Kobra Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have a made for ipod neoprene sleeve with clear plastic front that the Droid slips into. It's a bit tight but the material stretches out a little over time. It covers it pretty good top to bottom. You can even navigate the screen through the plastic.

I think I bought it off a rack at a discount store like TJ Max, or Marshall's for about $12.00

3. Fiji80

Fiji80 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a couple of jackets that have a zip pocket at the chest for ipod that my Moto Droid fits into. I'm not sure what I'm going to do come warm weather though. I prefer Cardio Trainer. I love that it gives you time, splits, distance and pace And even figures elevation. Plus it will work for ny bike and kayak too.

4. tonybrown801

tonybrown801 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have used it on my arm and in the pocket of my hydrating belt. I tried cardio trainer and another app (can't remember name) and they both lost signal and both showed 2.5 miles run when I got home from an 8 mile run. I'm sticking to my garmin I guess.

5. Seattle1980

Seattle1980 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Do you happen to know what brand the arm band is?

6. County Mike

County Mike New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I put my Droid X into a ziplock baggie and just hold it in my hand. However, my first two attemps using CardioTrainer the app stopped responding so it only showed a small portion of my run.

I tried again with MyTracks after the first half mile my phone shut down and restarted. I started the MyTracks recording again and finished the run without any problems from that point. I wonder if holding it in my hand while I run is causing a problem. Too much swinging?

Search tags for this page
where do you keep your phone while running
where do you put your phone when running
where do you put your phone when you run
where to keep phone when running
where to keep phone while running

where to put phone when running

where to put phone while running
where to put your phone when running
where to put your phone when you run
where to put your phone while running