GPS question

winger53215

Reaction score
First of all I am very impressed with this phone. I was using the GPS to navigate yesterday and on the way to the location about every 10-15 minutes the screen would switch back to the home screen and the map would go away. It would still give directions and if I repressed Navigate the map would come back. On the way home the map stayed on the screen the entire trip. ANy ideas?

The voice search on this phone is great. I am very impressed.

RFHavens

Reaction score
First I am a Droid noob so I may not have the correct answer. Did you put the phone into a Car Dock? If not did you run the Car Dock app? The car dock, like the home dock will put the phone into car or home dock mode respectively. Depending on the what app you are running from those screens, they should stay open and not go back to the home screen of the phone or the "dock" screen. So the nav screen should remain up while navigating.

I will try it today in the car dock mount and see what happens for myself and modify this reply based on what I find out.

Robert

jedidroid

Reaction score
I was having the same problem. It's either u didn't car dock it correctly or the phone just needs to be reset. I powered it on and off and made sure the car dock app launched. It's worked flawlessly since.

OP
W

winger53215

Reaction score
Thanks....

New to Droid here also...I meant to say yes I have a car dock......I thought I checked to make sure is was firmly in the dock. I even remember at some point removing and reinserting it.