GPS Problems

Jessesmith888

Reaction score
STOPPPPP. you don't have to be rooted to fix. Mine locks on in 5sec max when indoors. Get "gps status" from the android market. Open the app, hit menu, select manage agps, select clear, and then download. This resets your country code so the gps starts looking for you in the US rather than the whole world.

by the beard of Zeus

Jessesmith888

Reaction score
That's a bad spot. My tb locates faster than my incredible and my Droid x

by the beard of Zeus

alboboy10

Reaction score
I started what would be the rooting process, downloading all the mirrors now. I'm scared I'm gonna do something wrong I wish there was someone online to help along the way lol

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I started what would be the rooting process, downloading all the mirrors now. I'm scared I'm gonna do something wrong I wish there was someone online to help along the way lol
What rooting method are you using?

alboboy10

Reaction score
http://www.androidpolice.com/2011/0...c-thunderbolt-and-unlock-its-bootloader/#pros
This method. I think its the 3 step

..I'm sort of stuck a little...I'm using that site, and at step one after downloading all the mirors it tells me to download md5sums.

But Im having a hard time setting that up.

Im about to give up...this thing is nerve wrecking. I cant find the file for md5sum when i click on those three dots.

NVM, got it.

As for the mirrors, I downloaded them all and I notice that in the video the guy has them in different folders. Mine are saved and show on the bottle of my google chrome, but I haven't organized them in folders. Should I do that or do they just need to be downloaded

Last edited:

alboboy10

Reaction score
should i put my phone in airplane mode or do i need the internet to be working...just so i dont get cals or texts to interrupt

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I left mine alone, didn't put it in airplane mode. Only thing you'd lost is sms/mms.

alboboy10

Reaction score
cool, I set up the adb...now gonna start with the last part of the video with the mirrors. Going good so far

alboboy10

Reaction score
I have a question, in the mirrors in step 1, did you guys download every SINGLE one by one. I downloaded ALL of them, and now in the last part of the video he's saying to go into the exploits zip file, but I have three exploits files. idk which one to use....

jdk2

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
XT1103
I have a question, in the mirrors in step 1, did you guys download every SINGLE one by one. I downloaded ALL of them, and now in the last part of the video he's saying to go into the exploits zip file, but I have three exploits files. idk which one to use....
They were just additional links to the same file. If you d/l'd them to your hard drive, aren't they named with a (1), (2) etc in the file names?

Hateslinger

Reaction score
Watch the video and cut then paste. I wouldn't start doing any rooting until the 9 step instructions were right in front of ne.

Sent from my rooted Thunderbolt, VirusROM AirborneTB