1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

GPS Problemos Totally

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by nubgeek, Dec 9, 2009.

1. nubgeek

nubgeek New Member

So I use car home to get around places and whatnot but I don't use it in heavy city areas (which is all I live around) because it is totally inaccurate. Is there any way to fix Google Navigation or any better nav setups? Thanks. Oh yeah and I was also wondering if street view works also with navigation so you can see exactly where you are and where the destination is.
  2. zegolf

zegolf New Member

GPS, in general, isn't as accurate in heavy city areas. GPS is a line-of-sight technology, so if your view of satellites is blocked by tall buildings, you're not going to get as accurate of a reading. The phone is probably using cell-tower triangulation to determine your location, which is why you're not getting accurate readings.

Here is some more info on GPS.
  3. nubgeek

nubgeek New Member

Thanks a lot for a solid and fast response. Appreciate the info.