1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

GPS problem

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by g8gt2012, Jan 18, 2010.

1. g8gt2012

g8gt2012 New Member

Hey, I've been having problems with my GPS lately. I use BW and have geolocation checked and set to update every 30min but my GPS is constantly running and draining my battery like crazy. The only way I have found to fix it is to just turn off the GPS. But my understanding is that I shouldn't have to do that because the GPS is supposed to only run when requested. So any suggestions on how to fix it? I've done a reboot multiple times and it does not fix the problem.
  2. siggy_freud

siggy_freud New Member

I too am having a similar problem. I'll let you know if I figure it out. Do likewise :).
  3. g8gt2012

g8gt2012 New Member

Ite. I did find something out from a thread. dial #228 press 2. It resets something to do with data coverage and it helps out. Also I downloaded GPS Status, pretty cool GPS app and it lets you know if you can connect to a satelite or not.
Search tags for this page

android gps constantly running

android phone having trouble connecing to gps satallite

ultimate gps app problems