GPS problem after 9.8 install

Discussion in 'Blackdroid' started by ForeverInOur, Apr 7, 2010.

1. ForeverInOur

ForeverInOur Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I tried searchin around and havent really seen much info on this for the 9.8 rom. I tried both installation ways..update.zip with and without wiping. and did SPNandroid and wiped. It seems to find where i am and other people. But when i navigate somewhere it says searching for GPS and the GPS signal is flashing in the notification. I tried *228 option 1 and 2. I havent had time to actually drive somewhere to see if it follows yet. but ive seen other people have a GPS problem.

2. cjnet21

cjnet21 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have you tried reinstalling Google maps. That should do it.

3. ForeverInOur

ForeverInOur Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yea that did it. i actually thought about doing that but i did an update earlier and that stopped the FC's. so i guess that took my mind off doing that. thanks.

4. stedrocklp

stedrocklp Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This may or may not be true but I have heard that if you spin your phone on its three axis' it helps reset the gps reciever. I also use a free app called gps status and sometimes that is quicker to pick up my location and its a cool app just to see all the different information. Give it a shot it may help your cause. My personal experience is that my phone is big brother accurate and sometimes even a little freaky (knowing what side of my house I am on).