GPS precision?

JP 5.56

Reaction score
I use my Droid to Geocache. I regularly get accuracy down to +/- 2yds. Not sure if thats the kind of numbers you want.

Hello mossotdrauka (Goodkind?)

I was wondering if it would be accurate enough to geocache. I know I have a hard time doing it with my Blackberry. I've got a Motorola Droid in the mail (should have it tomorrow) and now I am even more excited for it. 2 yards is as good as my GPS unit (granted its 4+ years old).

ValkF6

Reaction score
There are two GPS apps, GPSTest and GPS Status, that show accuracy. Anything below 20 feet is pretty good.

... Tom

mossostdrauka

Reaction score
Well, I'm new to geocaching and I wanted an idea of how accurate it's going to be so I'm not walking circles around a random point because my GPS is off more than I think it is. I don't even know what I'm looking for (it got dark while I was looking for my first Saturday).

If GeoBeagle tells you it's accuracy, I'll have to try it. The fact that you have to download the gpx files in a browser and load them in to the app is pretty weak, though. And c:geo's interface was absolutely horrible.

You dont have to use gpx. If you are on the cache page scroll down to the map links and select googlemaps. when prompted to choose a program pick geobeagle. great for quick runs

I use my Droid to Geocache. I regularly get accuracy down to +/- 2yds. Not sure if thats the kind of numbers you want.

Hello mossotdrauka (Goodkind?)

I was wondering if it would be accurate enough to geocache. I know I have a hard time doing it with my Blackberry. I've got a Motorola Droid in the mail (should have it tomorrow) and now I am even more excited for it. 2 yards is as good as my GPS unit (granted its 4+ years old).

Goodkind is correct! The droid is certainly very capable of geocaching. I love geobeagle but being unable to log my finds from it is annoying. I cant wait for the official Groundspeak App. (I hear it will be soon)