1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

GPS not working on BB7.4

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by mudpro69, Feb 4, 2010.

1. mudpro69

mudpro69 New Member

Hey guys, I am running BBv0.7.4. It seemed to work flawless until I tried playing with one of the main updates...pinch zoom google map. The problem I am have is GPS signal failure. The ROM I had before this one was BBv0.7.2 GPS worked perfect...

Any thoughts?
  2. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Mud,

I took a look at the 7.4 thread at Alldroid, and it does not appear anyone else is reporting this, yet. Execpt for the guy in the basement:).

The 3.4 maps does have some problems with some market apps. I think the easiest way to possibly isolate the problem, assuming you have rebooted a time or two, have enabled gps, would be to download the market app GPS Utility. It is free, and should only take a moment of your time. This app will, once gps is enabled in settings or power widget, tell you if the phone is seeing satellites, it will also show you your position.. I would run this before running maps. Boot the phone, make sure gps is enabled, and run gps utility. If you get a fix, then try maps.

Quickest way I can think of, just short of waiting for the folks running 7.4 to respond.

Craig

edit: Forgot to add, make sure in your map settings that you are toggled for gps position and not 3g (cellular) location.
  3. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

Put BB on last night (after his re-u/l the file, the first u/l was corrupt) and EVERYTHING is working great. Map and Nav are both working and pinch and zoom is working GPS is actually working better than stock ROM (i.e. faster lock and stronger signal read). I'm also have 0 problem starting the Map app from other programs (i.e. contacts or xScope) like others have reported

I would suggest pulling the file again and reflashing. (oh, also note that for some reason, at least last night the file would NOT d/l to a computer and transfer correctly, I finally d/l directly from the phone and then moved the file with Astro and everything is as the name suggests (Bugless)... okay there's a few things here and there but nothing major).

Edit: Just double-checked the Nav and even the new "night mode" feature is working great.

Edit2: Just checked Pete's thread and he has posted an update to fix the Map errors that some people were having.
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2010
  4. listenman20

listenman20 New Member

yes there's an update but it's for fixing the third party apps. i also had a trouble figuring out why the google maps wouldn't work, til i hit the my location button. it popped up and told me to turn on location in system settings. so from home i hit menu>settings>location and security and checked the top 2 boxes for using wireless networks and gps for location and when i went back to the maps everything worked great. at first when it would come up it would show so area of florida....but now it's right.
Search tags for this page

gps on bb7