GPS not working after ICS???

Kstyle723

Reaction score
After the ICS update my GPS takes FOREVER to locate me, and if/when it does, its way off?? Anyone have this problem or a fix? I always use Google's navigation app... this blows :(

Slice like a ninja, cut like a RAZR blade...

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Did you do a factory reset either before or after you did the install?

Mine works great just like before except for the personality disorder my girl has in her voices.

SallyC

Reaction score
After the ICS update my GPS takes FOREVER to locate me, and if/when it does, its way off?? Anyone have this problem or a fix? I always use Google's navigation app... this blows :(

In Menu>Settings>Location services do you have all of the following checked?
  • Google Location Services
  • Standalone GPS
  • VZW LOCATION Services
  • Location and Google Search

OP
Kstyle723

Kstyle723

Reaction score
Did you do a factory reset either before or after you did the install?

Mine works great just like before except for the personality disorder my girl has in her voices.

I did not do a factory reset... was scared I would loose all my stuff??

OP
Kstyle723

Kstyle723

Reaction score
In Menu>Settings>Location services do you have all of the following checked?
  • Google Location Services
  • Standalone GPS
  • VZW LOCATION Services
  • Location and Google Search

Sure is... all of its checked (when using navigation). I usually have GPS turned off, but when I open navigation I'll turn it on. Worked fine before ICS, now it just says waiting for GPS location. Idk what's up with it.

BaSHa

Reaction score
Sure is... all of its checked (when using navigation). I usually have GPS turned off, but when I open navigation I'll turn it on. Worked fine before ICS, now it just says waiting for GPS location. Idk what's up with it.

Been having the exact same problem. I did a factory reset after the update due to the phone being very buggy after installing ICS. My wifes 2 yr old DX finds GPS quicker than my Maxx with ICS.....

OP
Kstyle723

Kstyle723

Reaction score
Been having the exact same problem. I did a factory reset after the update due to the phone being very buggy after installing ICS. My wifes 2 yr old DX finds GPS quicker than my Maxx with ICS.....

What does a factory reset do? Do I loose my pics,vids and contacts? Text messages?

William_04_x

Reaction score
An FDR will clear everything, but the important stuff can be saved. If your pics and vids are on your SD card, they should be fine. Contacts should be okay if you sync them to Google or Backup Assistant. Texts need to be saved with an app like SMS Backup and Restore.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums